Solved

Why

• 22 October 2012
  • 3 replies

https://www.virustotal.com/file/259cd788d3950b04bcc942370801307e382995a81c9f2976827ed15121052db0/analysis/
icon

Best answer by DanP 22 October 2012, 22:25

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi ArditTheGame,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

From your post, I'm not clear about what you're asking. As Webroot isn't on Virus Total, I can't say for certain why there are a few suspicious detections against the executable. While the detection rate is low, the executable could be malicious. That being said, I referenced the executable in question through our Webroot Intelligence Network and it didn't come up. This means that we have never scanned this executable before on any customer's machine. Are you currently using Webroot SecureAnywhere? Where did you see this particular executable? Are you asking about it because it has "wsa" in the file name?  Edit: DanP cleared it up. The three detections are of our Facebook AV Marketplace SecureAnywhere trial and are false positives, and clearly not malicious. Thanks DanP!

Let me know and I'll assist you accordingly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Hello ArditTheGame,
The VirusTotal detections from Jiangmin, Rising and TrendMicro-HouseCall are all false positives. That is the Facebook Marketplace AV Trial version of our software and is not malicious.

Thanks,

-Dan
Thanks@DanP 🙂