Why am I troubled with virus's that keep my mouse from working properly ?

• 12 December 2015
  • 1 reply

Why am I geting a virus that will not let my mouse act right ?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi paultrujillo

Welcome to the Community Forums.

The question of whether or not your system is infected with a virus or malware that may be affecting your mouse is a moot one. Firstly I would say that if such malware or virus was active on your system then WSA should normaly have stopped it, but nothing is 100% all of the time so it is possible that it has not been recognised as malware...but that is a big IF in my opinion.

It could however all be down to such things as driver issues (yes, even a mouse needs drivers, etc.) and I would be inclined to think that this is a more likely source to the issue...but again I may be incorrect.

If you are able to plug or use your mouse with another system please try that and see if you are getting the same issue...with wireless mice a weak battery can cause issues, etc.

And also please see this thread over at the MS Support Forums which deals with a similar question...the contents may provide some useful information in terms of your issue.

And finally do let us know how you get on re. this issue and if you need further help.

Regards, Baldrick