why can't i uninstall off of my computer????

• 13 March 2016
  • 3 replies

I need to uninstall a version of webroot and it will not allow me to do it.... I can't even do it manually.. frustrated. help please

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello confused,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Option 1: Ensure correct display settings
  1. Open Webroot SecureAnywhere.
  2. Click Settings, then choose Basic Configuration.
  3. Un-check the boxes next to Show Webroot in the Start Menu and Show Webroot in Add/Remove Programs.
  4. Click Save All. After saving your settings, repeat steps 1 and 2, then re-check the boxes next to Show Webroot in the Start Menu and Show Webroot in Add/Remove Programs.  Then click Save All again.  
  5. Once you have re-checked the correct options, try uninstalling Webroot from the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs option, or from Start > All Programs > Webroot SecureAnywhere > Tools > Uninstall Webroot.

Choose the correct instructions for your operating system.
  Option2
For Windows XP:
  1. Click Start, then click Run. The Run box opens.  
  2. Type the following into the Run box, exactly as it appears below.  Note: This path is for the default location.  If you installed the program elsewhere, be sure to modify the path accordingly. "C:Program FilesWebrootWRSA.exe" –uninstall  
  3. Click OK.  
  4. When prompted to uninstall, click Yes.  
For Windows Vista and Windows 7 (32bit):
  1. Open the Start menu by clicking the Start icon [img]http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/windows_7_start_button.png[/img].  
  2. Type the following into the Start Search bar, exactly as it appears below.  Note: This path is for the default location. If you installed the program elsewhere, be sure to modify the path accordingly. "C:Program FilesWebrootWRSA.exe" –uninstall  
  3. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.  
For Windows Vista and Windows 7 (64bit):
  1. Open the Start menu by clicking the Start icon [img]http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/windows_7_start_button.png[/img].  
  2. Type the following into the Start Search bar, exactly as it appears below.  Note: This path is for the default location. If you installed the program elsewhere, be sure to modify the path accordingly. "C:Program Files (x86)WebrootWRSA.exe" –uninstall  
For Windows 8:
  1. Move your cursor to the bottom right of the screen to open the Charm Bar menu.  
  2. Click Search, then type the following into the Start Search bar, exactly as it appears below. Note: This path is for the default location. If you installed the program elsewhere, be sure to modify the path accordingly. "C:Program FilesWebrootWRSA.exe" –uninstall  
For Windows 10:
  1. Click the Search icon at the bottom of the screen in the Taskbar  
  2. Type the following into the Start Search bar, exactly as it appears below. Note: This path is for the default location. If you installed the program elsewhere, be sure to modify the path accordingly. "C:Program FilesWebrootWRSA.exe" –uninstall  
If neither of the methods above is successful, please repeat the steps in Windows Safe Mode.  We recommend you print these instructions, then click here for information on starting your computer in Safe Mode.

Note: Make sure you run the Command Prompt as Administrator.
thank you i will try.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi confused,

You are welcome!

But if you continue to have issue with uninstalling Webroot then I'd advise that you Submit a Support Ticket ! They will gladly take care of this for you!