Solved

Why did my Webroot re-install itself?

• 21 August 2012
  • 1 reply

I just booted up my computer and, upon typing my Windows password and loading to my desktop, was greeted by a couple of pop-ups from Webroot requesting authorization for startup programs that I had already authorized a couple of months ago.

I got suspicious and checked my Control Panel, and noticed that Webroot now shows itself as having just been installed yesterday.

Is this... normal? Should I be concerned?
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 21 August 2012, 16:32

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I just booted up my computer and, upon typing my Windows password and loading to my desktop, was greeted by a couple of pop-ups from Webroot requesting authorization for startup programs that I had already authorized a couple of months ago.

I got suspicious and checked my Control Panel, and noticed that Webroot now shows itself as having just been installed yesterday.

Is this... normal? Should I be concerned?
I'm assuming you had WSA already installed and there was a new program update rolled out on August18th and it takes a few days for everyone to get it and was requesting re-authorization please see https:///t5/Release-Notes/PC-Release-Notes-Version-8-0-1-229/m-p/9458#M39. And Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

HTH,

TH