Solved

why don't I see a webroot icon in my system tray?

• 21 October 2016
  • 9 replies

Why don't I have an icon in my system tray?

icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 21 October 2016, 22:14

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello 6t6vette

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Please go to Programs and open Webroot in Advanced Settings on the right upper side./ Put a check mark in Show a system tray icon.
 Click Save at the bottom!
?

?

Userlevel 7
Hi 6t6vette

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may just add to what Sherry has posted...if you follow her instructions and find that the check box referred to is already checked then just uncheck the box, save the configuration, and then immediately recheck the box and save the configuration again.

There have been a number of occurrences of this happening (I have personally experienced this a couple of times...;)) and the above seems to sort it out.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello,

Are you sure it's not hidden in the system tray? http://www.howtogeek.com/75510/beginner-how-to-customize-and-tweak-your-system-tray-icons-in-windows-7/ and http://www.howtogeek.com/237682/14-ways-to-customize-the-taskbar-in-windows-10/

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks Daniel!  I didn't think of that!;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks Daniel!  I didn't think of that!;)
I always think outside of the box and no sense repeating what you suggested. LOL 😛
As a new member, I sympathize with you. I have spent 2 days trying to understand Webroot.
Communicating online with their technical service staff did not get me many answers. I tried phone, but was told 45-minute hold! I was just about to pull the plug and go back to Kaspersky when I made a 2nd phone attempt and got Doug. He was great! He answered that question: It's in the "Hidden Icons" area. You can find it by clicking on the "^" in the lower-right. You can drag it out of the "Hidden Icons" into the main part of the system tray. Double click on it and the Webroot Secore Anywhere window pops up. I'm told as long as the webroot icon is green, everything is good. Not sure what color it turns when something is bad? Haven't found any documentation yet.
Userlevel 7
Glad to hear that, @! :catvery-happy: Doug is great, one of my favorite people here to talk to.

You can check out this page from our User Guide to answer your questions about colors:
Viewing Protection Statuses

I do highly recommend bookmarking our User Guides page for your convenience!
Thanks, JP. My first post seems a bit silly, as others had already given good answers. Like much of your stuff, it doesn't seem to work well. I saw the "6 of 6" posts and looked from top to bottom without finding any replies. That seemed strange, but I knew the answer so posted. THEN, the other replies appeared!

I did go start reading the User Guide. Step 11 of the "Installing SecureAnywhere" sorta had the answer to my question re what color the W-icon is when something is bad. Just above it is an answer to the original question, but the answer is wrong!

The circled, green "W" does not appear in the system tray, thus the question.
It doesn't specify the difference between yellow and red. Hard to read much more.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks, JP. My first post seems a bit silly, as others had already given good answers. Like much of your stuff, it doesn't seem to work well. I saw the "6 of 6" posts and looked from top to bottom without finding any replies. That seemed strange, but I knew the answer so posted. THEN, the other replies appeared!

I did go start reading the User Guide. Step 11 of the "Installing SecureAnywhere" sorta had the answer to my question re what color the W-icon is when something is bad. Just above it is an answer to the original question, but the answer is wrong!

The circled, green "W" does not appear in the system tray, thus the question.
It doesn't specify the difference between yellow and red. Hard to read much more.

It will turn Brown and notify you when your License is in it's last 30 days https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/Why-does-webroot-screen-go-brown/m-p/275618#M10529 or one of the Shields is turned off, and Red if something is Detected or one of the Shields is turned off. I don't know why Yellow is mentioned???

Red: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#GettingStarted/UsingTheSystemTray.htm%3FTocPath%3DGetting%2520Started%7C_____5