Solved

Why is the Webroot agent not running?

• 19 August 2016
  • 2 replies

The ratings that used to show up next to websites no longer are available.  The little green W at the top of the screen says the Webroot agent is shutdown.  This has been going on for several days.

Also, when I try to connect to the customer support website via the Webroot Secure Anywhere screen I get a message from Norton ConnectSafe blocking me from a "malicious site."  I use Norton Online Backup, but NOT Norton Antivirus.

I use WIndows 10, and Chrome.

How do I get my website ratings back?

Thank you for your time...
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 19 August 2016, 09:38

View original

2 replies

The ratings that used to show up next to websites no longer are available.  The little green W at the top of the screen says the Webroot agent is shutdown.  This has been going on for several days.

Also, when I try to connect to the customer support website via the Webroot Secure Anywhere screen I get a message from Norton ConnectSafe blocking me from a "malicious site."  I use Norton Online Backup, but NOT Norton Antivirus.

I use WIndows 10, and Chrome.

How do I get my website ratings back?

Thank you for your time...
Userlevel 7
Hi Karellen32

Welcome to the Community Forums..

This is all very strange in that I have not heeard of this happening for some time now and when I check on my system all seems to be well. So I am going to suggest that you do an uninstall/clean install of WSA to see if that fixes things for you. It is very easy & quick to do and if you would like to try that then please follow these instructions:

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do not import any settings if so offered by the installer; you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
If this fails to resolve the problem, you may need to contact Support for assistance.

If your subscription is directly through Webroot, you will need to contact Webroot Support.  You can do so by submitting a Support Ticket, or by phone during business hours. (The online Ticketing system is manned 24/7). The service is free for WSA users with a valid/active subscription.

If your subscription is through Best Buy Subscription Software services, you may need to call them at 1-800-GEEK-SQUAD.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick