Solved

Why is WR doing this?

• 27 September 2013
  • 7 replies

Why annouce all of this and then not list a release date or squat. I was like 'yes finally it's out' then 'oh wait it's not', wtfudge. I've be using WR SA ever since it was first put out, but I just don't get this.
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 28 September 2013, 02:23

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
It's probably a marketing thing to create a hype before the actual release. Don't really know. I found it confusing at first as well.

Since they showed everybody this you can expect the actual release on short term though.
Userlevel 7
The update occurs in batches to prevent any possible server issues resulting from high traffic. The main reason for sending out the email is that we want to make sure our customers are prepared to see the WSA interface change somewhat dramatically. Users could potentially have questions about the legitimacy of the update, which we want to to answer before they even need to ask the question.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
The update occurs in batches to prevent any possible server issues resulting from high traffic. The main reason for sending out the email is that we want to make sure our customers are prepared to see the WSA interface change somewhat dramatically. Users could potentially have questions about the legitimacy of the update, which we want to to answer before they even need to ask the question.
Thanks Jim for the explanation. Considering what a buzz and upset of some users caused auto-update from Prevx to WSA it was wise decision to get publicly know that another main update is going to be released.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Thanks Jim for the explanation. Considering what a buzz and upset of some users caused auto-update from Prevx to WSA it was wise decision to get publicly know that another main update is going to be released.
I can't agree more as some will think twice of a white and green UI to a Dark Green UI and will not get confused. ;)

Daniel
Userlevel 2
When I checked for the update today I got this:

When I clicked the learn more button I was taken here:

http://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/ui-feature-updates

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
They are just notifying users of the new 2014 update to come out soon.

TH

That's great, but it would have been nice if what you said could have been explained in the first email and that it was coming in 1 week. Look I went from Prevx to WSA and I remember some were confused. I think I was on the beta for that so I was aware at the time, but those of us who are now just going to the update cold are a bit confused by the orginal email announcement.
I'm really not trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill here I just don't understand why it was done this way. But, hey in a week all this will be forgotten.