Why no uninstallation option in App List in Win 8?

• 13 August 2013
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi,

I was wondering why there's no 'uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere' in the App List in Win 8?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Windows Server 2012 has improved Hyper-V and that's another reason to love it.
Userlevel 7
@

I like it. I removed most of the live tiles though. Most default ones came with Bing service. Better options are available. And IE app on Start Screen is heavy and not as good as IE on desktop. Only left with Weather, Store, Desktop and WSA tiles. Found Search to be extremely useful. Win 8 is very stable and compatible. I've moved on from XP to Win7 and now Win8. So it was a great experience. I've learned a lot.;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@Amit wrote:
@ wrote:
Windows 8 doesn't have a Start Menu Amit and on my Win 7 x64 and it's listed.

Daniel

I meant to say Start Screen. Sorry typo.:$ Yeah it's present in older Windows versions but not in Win 8.
No problem Buddy how are you liking Win 8? 😉
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:

Daniel

I meant to say Start Screen. Sorry typo.:$ Yeah it's present in Start Menu in older Windows versions but not in Win 8.

EDIT : Double typo. Actually meant App List. Really need a cup of hot coffee.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@DavidP1970 wrote:
Windows 8 and other advanced users, I need some help here as I do not use Windows 8,.  On my current install of WSA on Windows 7, I notice that it is not listed on the Start menu.  Was there a change in the default install settings on the current version of the installer?

In the Advanced Settings, I find that Show On Start Menu is not checked... and I am not positive, but I am pretty sure I did not uncheck that or set it that way during the install process.  (?)

It's prechecked on a clean install or reinstall. :S But I set it up this way after install!

Daniel

That is what I mean... I do not believe I unchecked it.. so it should have been checked on my machine.  (I might have been tired when I installed last and did that by accident though..really not sure.. Is why I asked for a double opinion on it )

Thanks Daniel 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@DavidP1970 wrote:
Windows 8 and other advanced users, I need some help here as I do not use Windows 8,.  On my current install of WSA on Windows 7, I notice that it is not listed on the Start menu.  Was there a change in the default install settings on the current version of the installer?

In the Advanced Settings, I find that Show On Start Menu is not checked... and I am not positive, but I am pretty sure I did not uncheck that or set it that way during the install process.  (?)

It's prechecked on a clean install or reinstall. :S But I set it up this way after install!

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Daniel

Userlevel 7