WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY won't our 3rd laptop "HOLD" its webroot security software!!!!

• 6 February 2015
  • 2 replies

Webroot,
PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE help resolve this frustrating on going issue!!!
We have 3 laptops, the 3rd we bought for our son and it had a 6 mo trial free webroot then we added it to our webroot plan for our "3" computers....twice it has now turned "OFF" and not protecting my son's computer...even after taking it in to BB rto be
resolved....
COME ON!!!!!!

Please help here!!!!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello tari,

Welcome to the Community,

I'd advise a clean install of Webroot .

Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA and Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AANA-A783-DE78-C584
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
If this doesn't help or you'd rather issue a Support Ticket free of charge with an active subscription and they will get to the bottom of this for you.

Kind Regards,
Userlevel 7
Hi tari

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may add to what Sherry has posted...please check carefully that you have indeed activated WSA on your son's PC using your license key and that he is not still on the trial key that he was using for WSA.  Sometimes the changeover does not stick and the commercial key needs to be netered again.

To do this just click on the gear/cog to the right of the My Account tab and then int he field provided enter the commeciall keycode and  then click on 'Activate' making sure that you are connected to the internet for the activation to work.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick