Windows 10 Action Center Notification

Show first post

67 replies

Userlevel 7
Well, it was worth checking/making sure that you had the latest information.

Hang in there...I have a feeling that it will be sorted soon. ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hello BVilleBound

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Please have a look here as this problem is not only with Webroot but with other AVs.

Webroot is doing there best to fix this issue. It's hard to watch all this happening with Webroot and the Windows Security Center.

So I don't believe it would be feasible to reply to everybody. Alot of us are not having this issue and I have 3 PCs running Windows 10 without these popups. I quess I am the fortunate not to have this issue. We wish we could figure out why this only happens to some and not others.

We are sorry for everyones frustrations and inconviences that is happening to but it looks like our hands are tied.

I agree with BVilleBound.  I'm not expecting the company to reply to every email, but sending out a mass email notification to their subscribers to let us know they're are aware of the problem and working on a solution would go a long way.  They are certainly able to contact us when it's time to renew our subscription, so they can also contact us when there is a problem like this affecting so may of their customers.
Userlevel 2
This problem is largely, if not exclusively confined to Webroot. A web search does not yield (recent) widespread complaints about any other AV product and the Windows Notification Center. Plenty of hits for Webroot. I appreciate the moderators prompt and encouraging responses but this problem has really left a sour taste for Secure Anywhere. To top it off I starting receiving "your personal security report" pop-ups on multiple workstations which apparently can not be suppressed (must be clicked away)! No way can this be deployed to a client base were any unfamiliar pop-up will generate a call to the support center. Glad I opted to evalute with a smaller customer first.

Back to the product that is baked into Win 10 (which shall not be mentioned by name).
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
All I can say is I sent an email to my Webroot contacts and waiting for a reply to this continuing issue as it seems the last 2 Patch Tuesdays have broken WSA in Action Center but I don't see this issue and can't reproduce myself. But be sure WSA is working as it should and protecting all of it's users but it's a message from Action Center saying it's off when it's not.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
@ wrote:
I know it, just very frustrated.......  Sorry.
I feel your frustrations and it's warranted.  😠
I've been getting this notification lately under Windows 10.  I can see the Webroot icon indicating that everything is fine, so I'll just ignore and wait for a fix.

Stuart
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hi ?,

We appreciate your patience in this matter. And us Beta Testers are working on this and we expect an update soon that will resolve this issue.

Thank you..
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
I checked back here to see what was up with this issue, and I have not experienced it since I replaced my wireless router two weekends ago; that has to be a coincidence.
Userlevel 3
I'm trying this myself...
Userlevel 2
Notification pops up daily when machine resumes from sleep. Security Center service startup type also reset to 'automatic' [from 'automatic (delayed start)] after last batch of Windows updates were applied.

Webroot needs to address this problem even if a change to Security Center is triggering the false alerts. Microsoft isn't going to rollback whenever was done just becuase one vendeor is having difficulity. 
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Windows 10 Home Premium. The fix did not work for me.
same problem here.Tried the services,changed from "Automatic (Delayed)" to "Automatic.Clicked apply.Still getting notifications.Checked the setting and is still on automatic.Very annoying.When check security,shows webroot is on.
Webroot should proactively notify every customer of this problem -- and the solution.  Their customer will obviously be very worried when Windows 10 repeatedly tells them, "Your AV protection is turned OFF!! -- Click here to do something NOW!"  

Webroot should not leave customers hanging out to dry -- searching Google for answers.

Mark Hays

Userlevel 3
@ wrote:
Hello TucsonST

We appreciate all that you have to say. As this would be helpful if possible to notifiy mass Webroot users.

But this issue is also the fact that other AV's are having the same issues. https://www.google.com/search?q=security+center+windows+10&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=_wnbVuXTFo...

As being on the Webroot Beta team there is a fix is in the next Webroot release and that will be released soon

Please have a look here that explains more: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Webroot-turned-off-showing-message-numerous-times-on-slide-in/m-p/243811#M16587

Does Microsoft email their mass users when there is a problem? Just saying...:D

I hate to point this out but your response saying that other AV vendors are having the same problem is in error.  All of the posts you referenced are from 1 to 2 years ago, a couple were from 2011.  Webroot needs to move quicker on this issue, and your response could be construed as misleading.
Userlevel 2
Latest cumulative Win 10 updates (released this week) did not resolve the issue. Another disappointment. Switching back to the integrated anti-mailware solution (can't be named) which is perfectly adequate if don't engage in high-risk activities. Toss in an anti-exploit kit and you have the equivelent of Webroot w/o the annoying notifications. Disabling Windows security center monitoring is not a responsible workaround. 
Userlevel 3
Forgive me for being skeptical of your response TripleHelix, this has dragged on entirely too long.  In various Webroot forums we've heard that the countless reported symptoms cant be duplicated, users (Myself included) have offered remote access to their machines with no acceptance from Webroot, and now we hear of a supposed fix that was being tested but the latest Windows updates broke it again.  I find it very hard to believe, just sayin.....