Windows 10 Action Center says that both Windows Defender and Webroot SecureAnywhere are turned off. A three-year-old thread describing exactly the same problem was unsatisfactory. The solution proposed by Sserjj does not work; she assumes Windows will ALLOW me to change default startup values of Services, when IT WILL NOT; when attempting to carry out instructions in Step #4, the option is GREYED OUT, meaning I, the ONLY administrator of this computer, do not have GOD’s permission. God, get the Hell off my computer, please.
Sserjj’s assertion that Webroot reports this as the result of a “recent update” illustrates that SOMEBODY is full of half-baked beans. Not only is a three-year-old issue still very much alive and kicking, but the bug has inoculated itself against treatment. That does NOT sound like an update problem. That sounds like an issue that WRSA should be able to clean up—it’s behaving like a VIRUS.
Best answer by TripleHelix
Have you tried to do a clean reinstall of WSA?
Please follow the steps closely!
- Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
- Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
- KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
- Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
- Uninstall WSA and Reboot
- Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
- Let it finish it's install scan
- Reboot once again
- DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
Please let us know if that resolves your issue? If not then please Submit a Support Ticket and they will look into it for you.