Windows Vista User Control repeatedly shuts off

• 8 March 2014
  • 6 replies

I'm for sure no computer wiz and this started happening recently.  Can anyone help.
Thanks

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Tomder

Welcome to the Community Forums...:D

That is not much to go on, but if you are a new member here are you also a new user of WSA, i.e., have you recently installed on your system?  If so did the behaviour that you are reporting happen before or after you installed WSA?

Let's go with that for starters and see what that reveals.

Regards

Baldrick
Not a new WRSA user just new here......It did start happening recently and very randomly.  Usually when I log on and then some time after I've been on the internet for awhile.  Started happening after I noticed a large spike in my data usage.....The usage has slowed down but this keeps happening.
Could be that this isnt the correct place to ask this question.
Thanks for any help you can give
Userlevel 7
Hi Tomder

Apologies...made an assumption that was incorrect...:$

This does not ring a bell with me but then again I have never used Vista, with or without WSA installed.  How do you know that UAC has shut off?  Do yo uget a message and if so then what exactly does it say?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Tomder and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums! 

WSA doesn't have anything to do with UAC have you tried Uninstalling WSA to see if it continues? Have you done a Clean reinstall of WSA recently? Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA? Download a Copy here and make sure you have a copy of your keycode then Uninstall WSA and Reboot and install with the new installer let it finish it's install scan then Reboot once again and please let us know if that corrects your issue?

Thanks,

TH
Did the uninstall and reinstall and it found all kinds of stuff.  How often should I do this?
Thank You very much
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
May I ask what it found? Please post the Threat Log and omit any personal info! http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C11_ReportsandViewers/CH11b_SavingThreatLog.htm If you feel you need a system check Submit a Support Ticket and they can check your Scan Log.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉