Solved

Windows XP

• 20 January 2014
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi, I'm new here.  I have a question that possibly has been answered before, but I haven't found it.

I have the Webroot SecureAnywhere software on my computer and have been very happy with it.  I'm running the Windows XP OS on this computer.

My Webroot subscription expires in April, about the time that XP is no longer supported by Microsoft.  I have read all the recommendations that I should update to Windows 7 or 8.  I have no desire to get 8.  I have Windows 7 on a small laptop but several of my older software programs will not run on that OS and there are no updates available.

Will Webroot be providing antivirus, antimalware protection for Windows XP in the future?  Or will Webroot abandon it like Microsoft? 

Maybe I'm a "stick in the mud", wanting to keep XP  :@  but it is so dependable, I won't dump it.   As a last resort, I'll disable Internet on this computer.  But I'd rather not do that unless I'm forced to. 

Could you give me your opinions?    Thank you.

Sue  :womanhappy:

icon

Best answer by JoeJ 20 January 2014, 03:35

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello SueinSD, welcome to the Webroot Community!

Now that is a very good question!  I do not think I have seen the answer for this one either yet!  Hopefully someone from Webroot will comment on this and let us know.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello SueinSD and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

That's great question and be sure that Webroot Still does support XP with it's 2014 products but haven't heard much beyond that but I'm sure some of the Webroot Staff @ can give you answer on that. Personally I don't like Windows 8 but I do use it at times but I like Windows 7 myself and it's a very good OS IMO.

Cheers,

TH ;)
Userlevel 5
We'll be working properly on XP until at least 2019: see this blog post - http://www.av-test.org/en/news/news-single-view/artikel/the-end-is-nigh-for-windows-xp-these-anti-virus-software-products-will-continue-to-protect-xp-after/
Userlevel 7
Thank you very much for the answer JoeJ, it is appreciated!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
We'll be working properly on XP until at least 2019: see this blog post - http://www.av-test.org/en/news/news-single-view/artikel/the-end-is-nigh-for-windows-xp-these-anti-virus-software-products-will-continue-to-protect-xp-after/
Thanks Joe it's much appreciated! ;)

Daniel
Userlevel 1
Thank you so much for your reply and link to the blog, Joe.  Thanks also to everyone who responded so quickly to my questions.

I will definitely renew my Webroot subscription.  I appreciated the suggestions given in the blog too.  I have started using Firefox most of the time now anyway.

Thank you also for the warm welcome.   :catvery-happy:

Sue