Solved

WR Data cleanup

Show first post

34 replies

Userlevel 7
Well, having the same bad site Daniel had tested in my whitelist, I can get to it with Chrome, IE and Firefox all three. 

With deleting the whitelist file, and restarting protection, NOT closing the browsers, just hitting refresh, all three now block the page.. no edit of the registry needed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
OK, just for the record,

I cleaned out the whitelist txt file completely.
Deleted the entries from the registry.
Rebooted.

Attempted to visit the site:
Firefox was blocked
Chrome was not blocked
Aviator was not blocked

Dave
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
HAHAHA, :D

I had reinstalled those browsers after the Win10 upgrade.

Just in case you did not know, you have to enable the WSA filtering extension if you want it to work. ;)

Guess who forgot...... Oh well, I never said I was perfect.

They all got blocked after fixing that.

Dave
Userlevel 7
Yes.. all my browsers have it enabled as they all block the known bad site.   White list it and they all allow it.  Delete the whitelist file and they all block it again.  At least that is how it is behaving on my computer, without touching the registry.  
Userlevel 7
I think the bottom line of the original question of this thread is that we will need to be patient... It is not a good idea at all to be deleting or altering anything in the WRData folder without expert assistance.  :)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Yes.. all my browsers have it enabled as they all block the known bad site.   White list it and they all allow it.  Delete the whitelist file and they all block it again.  At least that is how it is behaving on my computer, without touching the registry.  
Your right! Just delete the Whitelist and reboot! Works fine for Firefox, Chrome and IE11 but does not Block on Edge or Cyberfox.

Thanks Buddy!

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well it's always good to watch and learn..I wasn't comfortable testing this out..LOLs;)

Thanks guys!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I think the bottom line of the original question of this thread is that we will need to be patient... It is not a good idea at all to be deleting or altering anything in the WRData folder without expert assistance.  :)
Correct! 😉
Userlevel 4
Thank you, I got the answer.
Closed, somehow?