WRSA.exe procedure entry point getenv_s could not be located in msvcrt.dll

  • 18 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Windows XP system,  webroot operating normally for months , but now every time the computer starts I get a dialog box with 

Webroot seems to operate normally even with the error above, (I’m presuming the DLL returns some system environmental variables)

The day before this , a dormant Malwarebytes was accidently started , that’s about all I can think of. 
There is nothing in the Malwarebytes Quarantine, and I’ve whitelisted WRSA.exe in Malwarebytes .

I’ve checked the MD5 hash of msvcrt.dll and it is identical to the correct version for XP.


Best answer by TripleHelix 18 June 2020, 03:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

I had a memory failure that caused a hard crash on my XP system.  

While it seemed to happen  randomly,  but mostly when I grabbed a large window on the screen and moved it around rapidly. 

I then enabled the memory test in the BIOS , and this flagged the dead memory. 

I replaced both DIMMs, and not had a problem since. 


I’ve also had (semi random) hard crashes due to videocard failures a long time back.


Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @salbay 


If you have any issues it would be best to Submit a Support Ticket and ask them to to look into your issue.


Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue and support can take up to 48 hours to reply or a little longer because of COVID-19.