Solved

WRSVC service in crash loop after upgrade to 8.0.2.98

• 2 February 2013
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Windows UAC prompted me to allow WSA to make changes to my machine. It then did an update.
Now the WRSVC service is in a crash loop and Windows is flashing the "Check virus protection" alert every 10 seconds or so. I have not rebooted yet.

Anyone else seeing this?

icon

Best answer by explanoit 2 February 2013, 23:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Explanoit, 

I am willing to bet that a request for more specific system information is going to be made to you, Windows version included.

On my computer, if I check for updates, it tells me that I have the current version and no update is availble.  I have version 8.0.2.96 so it would appear that you are included in the Beta Test of an upcoming new update.
Userlevel 7
Try to reboot the machine.

If the problem contiues, uninstall --> reboot --> reinstall WSA.

If the problem still contiues, start a chat support session with Webroot as I am sure they would like to get a little more information about this issue. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@explanoit - I'm assuming your using the Enterprise Version as I just checked the download links for consumers an it's only v8.0.2.96 & v8.0.2.98 for Beta Testers if that's the case you may need to Open Endpoint Support Ticket or you can try doing a clean reinstall?

TH
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Try to reboot the machine.
^This First^

Is this happening on all of your endpoints that updated or just a particular one?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi everyone,
Sorry - I meant this as a gathering place for information if other people run into it rather than for troubleshooting the issue on my machine. Rebooting fixed it as expected