Solved

WSA Antivirus not recognised

• 9 October 2013
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23
After getting my laptop back from being cleaned, (a full valet) the 'KNOWHOW Computer Checkup report' states that  no Antivirus has been detected although I have Secure Anywhere Antivirus installed and is displaying the 'green tick' and that I have 231 days subscription left.  Can anyone tell me why it should say this? 
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 9 October 2013, 02:46

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
You didn't mention which version of Windows you're using, but it might be worth checking Windows Security Centre to see if it recognises WSA.

If using Windows 7, go to Control Panel => System & Security => Action Centre, and look under Security to see what virus protection is turned on.

In my case, it tells me virus protection is on, and that WSA is on.

If using Windows 8, I'm not familiar as to where these settings are. Hopefully, someone else can advise.
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
I'm using Windows 7, have done what you advise, everything OK but saying 'Antivirus Not Found'!? I know I have WSA Antivirus on, it was working fine until it went in for a clean-out.
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Just seen, I now have the newest version of WSA with 'in the cloud' threat protection, will that make any difference, is there something I should set for it to be recognised by Windows 7?
Userlevel 7
Hi Linda!  :)

That does sometimes happen, and I am really not sure why.  There may be another better way to fix it but often a uninstall/reinstall of Webroot will convince Windows that you really ARE protected 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Can you please do a clean reinstall? Download the installer Here and make sure you have a copy of your keycode then uninstall WSA and Reboot then install with the new downloaded installer put the keycode in and let it finish the install scan and reply back to let us know if that solved your issue with Action Center!

Also here is the Online Helpfile for the new 2014 version: http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#OpeningPage.htm

HTH,

TH  ;)
Userlevel 5
If the Action Centre in Windows 7 is showing that virus protection is on and that WSA is on, then you're fine. If it doesn't, as others have said, an uninstall/re-install of WSA should correct that.

Looks like PC Knowhow could be misreading the info.

PS: I thought the issue was with PC Knowhow's report of saying there's no AV installed, and nothing to do with the Action Centre.
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
SUCCESS!  THANKS A BUNDLE EVERYONE!  :D

You all gave me some great advice and guidance on how to go about uninstalling and installing again.  It took me a while cos I was nervous about doing it but it worked a treat and Windows has now accepted that WSA Antivirus is indeed installed and everything is hunky dorey again!

Once again, thanks, luv ya'!  😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Your very Welcome Linda we try our best as Volunteers because we believe in Webroot SecureAnywhere and if you have any other issues or questions we are always here as a team! :D

Cheers,

Daniel ❤️