Any news about this update?

icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 12 January 2018, 03:00

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello
"Within the next week we will begin releasing a new Webroot SecureAnywhere version 9.0.19.xx that, along with a number of planned enhancements, will also set the REGKEY automatically. "
Read more:
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Security-Industry-News/Microsoft-Patch-Release-1-3-18/m-p/310145#M39583

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi @ The new version is available. 

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Product-Releases/PC-Agent-release-notes-for-version-9-0-19-36/m-p/310860

Userlevel 5
Badge +14
Hi all, 
Being a tad elderley & not IT skilled I am confused about which update is which. I know that there is a major issue with CPU's. I have Intel CORE13 showing on my PC. I do not have an ARM processor according to the spec. I am using Windows 8.1 so the Windows 10 issues should not impact on me.
Somewhen during the recent dialogue I read that WSA would download the essential update remotely and users, such us me, would not need to do anything. At present I have update 9.0.18.44 operating on my PC.
I see Microsoft has 3 important updates sitting in the updates system waiting to download & instal. One related to Adobe, one seems to be the regular tool for removing Malicious items and a third about which the explanation is difficult to understand. I am set to have Microsoft updates downloaded & installed automatically, although sometimes I initiate these myself when I see them  in the morning when I log on (UK). Given the problems that Microsoft seem to have created (particularly with Windows 10 which as above is not installed in my PC)) should I let these run?

So in summary can I as a bewildered old user sit here comfortably and lett Microsoft & the always relaible old friends at WSA do all of what is needed without me doing anything?
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi @ update the webroot 9.0.19.36
Take the next steps:
WSA --> My Accaunt --> About SecureAnywhere ----> just click Check for software updates

Manual update:
Download it  http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe  , run the wsainstall installer.
Restart Pc and check for the microsoft update.
joy and happiness ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Hi Arajbhai, Welcome to the Community. The new version 9.0.19.36 is now available. Just hover your mouse over the icon in the task bar to check on the version. If it hasn.t updated you can get it here.

http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe

Userlevel 5
Badge +14
@Lyle,
Thanks the update is now in place & the Micrsoft 'Patch Tuesday' downloads installed. All working well. I posted a note of appreciation yesterday thanking WSA and regular 'posters' for the help & support. My thnaks must be in the system somewhere. Anyway its good to know that you & all other WSA folks are willing to help old fellers like me to resolve queries.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
(I identify w "somewhat elderly"... )  on my PC my Webroot version is ...19.36, and MS update history shows KB4056892 was done (that's the right one, yes?), so I guess all is well.  On my laptop however, my Webroot version is ...18.44, yet when I select "Check for Updates" I receive the msg "You are currently using the newest SA software." Nonetheless I downloaded the update exe to try to "force" an update, but when I run it, nothing happens --  which I guess is consistent with SA thinking I have the latest version-- but clearly I don't... Furthermore, on the laptop my MS update history does not show KB4056892 as installed (altho all the other patch Tuesday updates were installed).
BTW, using W10 on both (Dell) machines...
Any advice?
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Hi Johnvel and welcome to the Community. Seemy previuos post 2 down!
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Thanks for answering, but I can't find your previous post, this is the bottom of the thread as far as I can tell... sorry to be dumb
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
The new version 9.0.19.36 is now available. Just hover your mouse over the icon in the task bar to check on the version. If it hasn.t updated you can get it here.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14
You are right. I don't know where the previous post went, but it was just a general thanks to all on this site & the WSA team for the regular & willing help & support.
The latest WSA update in place & all Microsoft updates downloaded and best of all everything seems to be working perfcetly!! So grateful thanks to all folks who help us along- pity Microsoft isn't as good with Customer Support when it is needed.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
on my dell laptop (W10) when I do what you recommended I received the msg "You are currently using the newest SA software" even tho the version shown is 9.0.18.44.  Nonetheless I downloaded the update exe (using the link you gave) to try to manually update, but when I run it, nothing happens...
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
@ wrote:
on my dell laptop (W10) when I do what you recommended I received the msg "You are currently using the newest SA software" even tho the version shown is 9.0.18.44.  Nonetheless I downloaded the update exe (using the link you gave) to try to manually update, but when I run it, nothing happens...
Hi @
You will not be able to see the update spectacularly.
Check what version you are using.

How do I check to see which version of Webroot SecureAnywhere I am running?
There are two ways you can do that.  You can either hover your mouse over the tray icon, or you can click "My Account" on the Webroot SecureAnywhere home screen.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
screenshot below shows 9.0.18.44 and WSA saying that's the most recent version, even tho we know it isn't. So what should I do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
@ wrote:
screenshot below shows 9.0.18.44 and WSA saying that's the most recent version, even tho we know it isn't. So what should I do?

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/WSA-AV-update-9-0-19-36/m-p/310870/highlight/true#M31072
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Sorry if I'm obtuse, I don't know the conventions-- you quoted my screenshot which shows that my version is 9.0.18.44, and yet is ALSO stated by WSA to be the newest version. The screenshot is exactly what you said to do to check my version, and again, it shows my version is 9.0.18.44. Yet when I click "Check for Updates" as shown by that very same screenshot, WSA responds that 9.0.18.44 is the newest--which we know it isn't.

The only answer I see in your post is a link back to this same "Solution" thread. (Recursive frustration.) 
As you know, I did download the installer and execute it but received no acknowledgement that it had done the install. I now add the fact that when I restarted and checked the version, it was still the old 9.0.18.44, so it obviously didn't install the new version.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
The link below is the latest version. Click on it and download to your desktop. Once on destop right click and go to details to check version. If it is correct close it. Then double click to install.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
The link below is the latest version. Click on it and download to your desktop. Once on destop right click and go to details to check version. If it is correct close it. Then double click to install.

Correct just install over top and you will have the most recent release v9.0.19.36 with the above installer.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
OK! Thanks to you both (TripleHelix & acooldozen)--this time the linked to exe worked. Don't know why my earlier download didn't work when I tried it, but all's well that ends well, as the Bard said...  thaanks not only for the answer but also your forbearance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
OK! Thanks to you both (TripleHelix & acooldozen)--this time the linked to exe worked. Don't know why my earlier download didn't work when I tried it, but all's well that ends well, as the Bard said...  thaanks not only for the answer but also your forbearance!

Great to hear and thanks for letting us know!

Cheers,

Daniel 
do I push this update out to the clients from the console?

I do not want to manually install this.  Surely the point of a cloud-managed AV is so you are NOT manually installing updates?
thanks