Solved

WSA Gamer Edition cleaning Registry entries!

• 18 February 2014
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
I have ensured that the cleaning of registry entries is NOT checked in the System Optimizer options but when I run it, I can see that registry streams are being cleaned! Last time it cleaned 9 entries.

I don't want to touch the registry.

Please I need an immediate fix or I would rather downgrade my 3 year / 3 device license back to the basic version this System Optimizer has been very buggy, starting from having a Google Chrome entry when I don't have Chrome installed to displaying the cleaning in bytes rather than Mega Bytes, and now this which is a serious glitch for me.

It is more of a headache to use the System optimizer VS. using my trusted CCleaner

Check this image >>> http://tinypic.com/r/206il1u/8

please help
icon

Best answer by MikeR 18 February 2014, 23:29

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sorry about that.  Let me see if I can get someone to take a look at this.  Have you contacted support about it yet?
Userlevel 4
no I prefer the support here, last time I tried support it was a bit disappointing

I've just restored back my laptop to a previous image before installing any software. I really do not wish to deal with the many glitches here and there with System Optimizer and would rather just have my license downgraded to the basic WSA AV only
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
So I tried reproducing this.  What I think is happening is this; even though you have the setting to clean the registry unchecked, it still shows the registry files it would remove during the scan.  If you run the scan again, it should show the same number.  Also, the log file for the scan should show that nothing in the registry was changed - is that the case?
Userlevel 4
well I can't confirm that anymore since I restored back my Windows to the point before installing WSA as I'm a bit OCD about having a clean registry without the use of registry cleaners since I've had nothing but bad experiences with cleaning the registry in the past
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ah gotcha.  Well the litmus test is if you run the system optimizer twice in a row, the same number will show in the registry counter, since it isn't changing anything.  That is what happens when I run it - both times it shows 22 under Registry entries, but it doesn't make any changes.  Are you ok with staying on the gamer version, or do you want to go back to the regular WSA?
Userlevel 4
If it is not too much of trouble, kindly downgrade my license to the normal version, I'll be happier that way

then please remove the current license from my online account and add the new one with the same validity of 3 years / 3 devices

thank you sir
Userlevel 7
I've taken care of this for you and sent you a private message with the new keycode to use. 
Userlevel 4
you guys keep surprising me one time after the other with your superb customer service and speedy resolutions! I got the key! thanks a million!