Solved

WSA is slow!-,Did I install wrong, or...?

• 30 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

Win10 Pro x64, v 21H1 (going to 21H2 soon...)

I have a 5ghz CPU/ 16gig Ram/ 500gig 6x optical SSD C: drive (with only 40gig used)/ 100mbps cable internet-
This is a Very Fast Desktop, and no reason for Trusting Programs... to be sooo slow (with buggy ESET NOD32 AV), and went to Webroot SA AV, which is a little slower (Computer is no faster after a reboot).

Every time I do a Windows Update (Install a new AV...), I have a list of 12 common... Programs/Utilities that I Fully open/close Twice to get them Trusted (Is there a better way??).

I also slowly... open/close my Google Chrome browser 4-times, before it is fast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With all other AV’s I’ve had- I install them from a desktop folder download/reboot, before the hidden taskbar icon… is useable, then Trust Edge/ Chrome to get Extensions installed/Trusted….

I did the same with my last Webroot install, but getting programs like Word/Foxit Reader… Trusted takes twice as long as before!?~~

Should I have have installed differently, or?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 30 January 2022, 19:29

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @scottls59901 

I don’t know why yours is so slow mine does it in about 35 to 45 seconds!

All I can suggest is to do a clean reinstall this way! Also the more scans like 20 or more it will take less time as it checks less file locations over time, but don’t worry as the RealTime Shield is always looking for nasties! Also if you need files whitelisted it’s best to Submit a Support Ticket and ask them to whitelist your unknown files.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Go into Safe Mode and Delete these Folders if they are there!
  • C:\Program Files\Webroot Folder
  • C:\ProgramData\WRData Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • C:\ProgramData\WRCore Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • Boot back into normal mode
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Info in case you don’t know how to go into Safe Mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Userlevel 2

Win10 Pro x64, v 21H1 (going to 21H2 soon...)

I have a 5ghz CPU/ 16gig Ram/ 500gig 6x optical SSD C: drive (with only 40gig used)/ 100mbps cable internet-
This is a Very Fast Desktop, and no reason for Trusting Programs... to be sooo slow (with buggy ESET NOD32 AV), and went to Webroot SA AV, which is a little slower (Computer is no faster after a reboot).

Every time I do a Windows Update (Install a new AV...), I have a list of 12 common... Programs/Utilities that I Fully open/close Twice to get them Trusted (Is there a better way??).

I also slowly... open/close my Google Chrome browser 4-times, before it is fast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With all other AV’s I’ve had- I install them from a desktop folder download/reboot, before the hidden taskbar icon… is useable, then Trust Edge/ Chrome to get Extensions installed/Trusted….

I did the same with my last Webroot install, but getting programs like Word/Foxit Reader… Trusted takes twice as long as before!?~~

Should I have have installed differently, or?

Thanks for the suggestion- I’m not in good health, and don’t want to reinstall (takes me  2 exhausting weeks to reinstall programs….).

I’m going to upgrade from Win v21H1 to v21H2 on next Win Update Tuesday, this may help?