WSA nagging to renew

• 20 June 2016
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
How do I stop the pop ups.
I will use new key when the old runs out!

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi davidco

Purchasing a new key does not stop the expiry warnings (how would it?)...even entering a new key now will not stop them as they are coming from your current keycode and when you enter the new key the two will run concurrently; you new keycode/subscription silently, of course, but the expired one that has not been renewed will continue notfying you of expiry & renewal until one either renews (which you obviously won't do) or the 30 day post expiry grace period for renewal to take place in has expired...in 30 days.

I believe that you can contact Support and ask them to cancel your current key/subscription (once you have obviously activated the new one) but other than that I believe that you are stuck with the warnings.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 4
It's a shame really. This 'nagging' is the only thing I don't like about WSA;)

David

Userlevel 7
Hi davidco

Indeed...but you could contact the Support Team and ask then to cancel your current subscription as and when it expires and you have activated your new keycode/subscription. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
@ wrote:
It's a shame really. This 'nagging' is the only thing I don't like about WSA;)

David

If you are prepared to forego the reminder of your current key to prevent anymore nags, you can achieve this by uninstalling WSA and then reinstalling with the new key. It's your choice.
Userlevel 4
OK folks, it is a little more complex than that.
I will be moving from a 3 license to a single.

Userlevel 7
Hi davidco

Downsizing the number of devices add no complexity what so ever as far as I know...just make sure that you head over to your online console (HERE) and deactivate any device other than the one you plan to use with the new keycode/subscription. Instructions on how to achieve this can be found in this KB Article should you require the information.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 4
Hi Baldrick
I do understand that.
I was just going to renew, but that would have renewed 3.
So I will delete as you say, the day before the old runs out.

The update shown by WSA is about 'renewal'
If I hit the renew I have to renew 3.

Userlevel 7
Hi davidco

Have you tried this renew/upgrade link in relation to your requirements, rather than just the renew link?

It may be that you are able to customise your renewal using it? May be worth a look before you take the plunge...;)

Regards, Baldrick
Badge +1
The original request here is key: How do we continue to use the product for Thirty more days without nagware? Come-on, bugging your own loyal "bread n butter" customers for 1/12th of the usage period? What kind of thank you is that?

Webroot sales and marketing needs to become aware that I and others do ding Webroot greatly in our online reviews for this 30 day "nagware" countdown with no means (such as acknowledgement to stop the nags). Paying customers who paid for and plan to renew via a new key on set date simply don't deserve this type of treatment. It is a form of coercion for those that know exactly when they intend to manually renew.

Please communicate to your developers to provide options to remove it. Thank you for listening.