Solved

WSA New Version Release Today 8.0.2.155

• 19 June 2013
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
  • Popular Voice
  • 141 replies
It is my understanding the new version was released today,however the updater in the GUI states I am running current version with no update???  Do we have a download link for new version????
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 19 June 2013, 03:52

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
It is my understanding the new version was released today,however the updater in the GUI states I am running current version with no update???  Do we have a download link for new version????
Hi Tony!

The new release was started today, but it is normal to take 3-5 days for all users to receive it.  Not all update servers or users are given access instantly: this would overload the system.  

You should have the update automatically over the next few days.  On the last release, it took 3 days before I received it, this time I already have it so it can vary a bit.

If you want the update right now, you can reinstall from a fresh download.  I just used my download link below in my signature to do a new download, and then I viewed the properties of the file.  As you can see below, it is the new version installer.

Userlevel 7
Yep, that's where I downloaded my update, David's link. My link wasn't working on my desktop.
Thanks David. 😉
Userlevel 7
You are welcome Dave!  :)
Userlevel 7
OFF-Topic

I wonder why. Did you try to resolve it with support? Maybe a browser problem?

@ wrote:
My link wasn't working on my desktop.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@Amit wrote:
OFF-Topic

I wonder why. Did you try to resolve it with support? Maybe a browser problem?

@ wrote:
My link wasn't working on my desktop.

He was trying to update via the WSA Tray Icon (Check for updates)

HTH,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
    He was trying to update via the WSA Tray Icon (Check for updates)
HTH,
Daniel
Oh I see. Well that never works. Always says I'm using the latest version with latest definition and that the updating takes place in the cloud. And then without me knowing it's updated. I wonder why the option is even there. Maybe to assure users that it's updated in the cloud?

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thats why it's rolled out over a few days like David said! 😉