Show first post

35 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Yes it is.

Userlevel 7

@TripleHelix wrote:
Yes it is.

Not good.  I would avoid it too until research has had a good look at it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Probably False Positives. 

:D
Userlevel 7
I have removed the block for the anchorfree website, the site itself is clean with no evidence of any exploits or file droppers. However a word of warning the hotspot installer comes with the conduit toolbar. Be careful when installing the program it may not allow you to untick it during install. I personally dont use Cnet/Download.com anymore due to the misleading layouts and d/l links

Userlevel 5
I ran into the same problem with Cnet/Download.com awhile back when I downloaded a app. I had to force uninstall to get rid of some of the junk.
Userlevel 1
I had originally obtained and installed both WRAV and ZoneAlarm Pro Firewall... however, after learning more and more about WRAV on these forums, I removed ZoneAlarm from my laptop to keep it running as lightweight as possible. I still have ZoneAlarm on my home PC since I already bought it and could benefit from learning more about it... but if I had to do it all over again, I would just add WRAV and be done!
Userlevel 7
Badge +55

@DiscipleOfLight wrote:
I had originally obtained and installed both WRAV and ZoneAlarm Pro Firewall... however, after learning more and more about WRAV on these forums, I removed ZoneAlarm from my laptop to keep it running as lightweight as possible. I still have ZoneAlarm on my home PC since I already bought it and could benefit from learning more about it... but if I had to do it all over again, I would just add WRAV and be done!

Great Just make sure Windows Firewall is turned back on for full inbound & outbound protection: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/agenthelp.asp?n=Managing_the_Firewall

TH ;)
Userlevel 7

@DiscipleOfLight wrote:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I'm now more confident with WSA and Win FW.:)
Userlevel 1

@TripleHelix wrote:
Great Just make sure Windows Firewall is turned back on for full inbound & outbound protection: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/agenthelp.asp?n=Managing_the_Firewall

TH ;)

Confirmed. Thanks for the check tip!
Userlevel 7
Badge +55

@DiscipleOfLight wrote:

@TripleHelix wrote:
Great Just make sure Windows Firewall is turned back on for full inbound & outbound protection: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/agenthelp.asp?n=Managing_the_Firewall

TH ;)

Confirmed. Thanks for the check tip!

You're very Welcome. ;)

TH

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings