Solved

WSA+Win 7 FW or WSA+third party FW?

Userlevel 7
Hi,

Is WSA + Win 7 FW better or WSA + third party FW? I'm currently using Privatefirewall from privacyware with WSA.

Best Wishes,
Amit
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 28 June 2013, 17:47

View original

35 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes it is.

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Yes it is.

Not good.  I would avoid it too until research has had a good look at it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Probably False Positives. 

😃
Userlevel 7
I have removed the block for the anchorfree website, the site itself is clean with no evidence of any exploits or file droppers. However a word of warning the hotspot installer comes with the conduit toolbar. Be careful when installing the program it may not allow you to untick it during install. I personally dont use Cnet/Download.com anymore due to the misleading layouts and d/l links

Userlevel 5
I ran into the same problem with Cnet/Download.com awhile back when I downloaded a app. I had to force uninstall to get rid of some of the junk.
Userlevel 1
I had originally obtained and installed both WRAV and ZoneAlarm Pro Firewall... however, after learning more and more about WRAV on these forums, I removed ZoneAlarm from my laptop to keep it running as lightweight as possible. I still have ZoneAlarm on my home PC since I already bought it and could benefit from learning more about it... but if I had to do it all over again, I would just add WRAV and be done!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I had originally obtained and installed both WRAV and ZoneAlarm Pro Firewall... however, after learning more and more about WRAV on these forums, I removed ZoneAlarm from my laptop to keep it running as lightweight as possible. I still have ZoneAlarm on my home PC since I already bought it and could benefit from learning more about it... but if I had to do it all over again, I would just add WRAV and be done!
Great Just make sure Windows Firewall is turned back on for full inbound & outbound protection: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/agenthelp.asp?n=Managing_the_Firewall

TH ;)
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I'm now more confident with WSA and Win FW.:)
Userlevel 1
@ wrote:
Great Just make sure Windows Firewall is turned back on for full inbound & outbound protection: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/agenthelp.asp?n=Managing_the_Firewall

TH ;)

Confirmed. Thanks for the check tip!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Great Just make sure Windows Firewall is turned back on for full inbound & outbound protection: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/agenthelp.asp?n=Managing_the_Firewall

TH ;)

Confirmed. Thanks for the check tip!
You're very Welcome. ;)

TH