All E3 Games from 2016 Coming to PC.

• 19 June 2016
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there guys, well... This is a big one.

I have recently made a post regarding E3 but I wanted to revisit it and make one more direct to us PC gamers. Below I have listed all games coming to PC which have been talked about at this years E3. I have also included a link to the trailer and a little bit about what I thought and what I have been able to find out about the game with a bit of research.

If you have heard something about the following let me know and Ill add it to the post :D

Without further delays. May the madness begin.:D

Titanfall 2
Release date: October 28th 2016.

:

Best thing about titanfall this year is that it is getting a offline single-player mode. They admitted that the first Titanfall's campaign didn't really feel like a campaign, so they revisited the whole idea and its welcome news to the Titanfall fan base.

Mass Effect: Andromeda
Release date: March 2017

:

Not much has been said regarding the new Mass Effect game, I can only assume it is fear of fans finding out plots and storylines prior to the games release. The facial animations and definitely an improvement.

Dead Rising 4
Release date: December 6th 2016

:

Deadrising, looking chaotic and fun as always with a holiday theme throwed in there. Good news is that the camera feature is back with the implementation of selfies to allow our favorite zombie killer to take selfies with his pals!

Battlefield 1
Release date: October 21st 2016

:

Battlefield 1 was Ea's prime spotlight game including three full 64 player games played by streamers and reviewers alike to get a real feel of the scale of the game. Dynamic weather has been implemented into the game which will shift throughout matches, things blow up and you can pilot an airship. Yep. Pretty cool battlefield, back to its roots which is exactly what I wanted to see and I am well and truly on the hype train with a 1st class ticket.

Fifa 17
Release date: September 27th 2016

:

FiFA 17 has been upgraded to the Frosbite gaming engine and is getting a full integrated story mode called "The journey" following the life of a football player. The whole idea is that you will be able to make decisions which will affect relationships in game, which makes it look like a half-shot bioware game in the making. As normal the PC version of FiFA will be available on Origin.

Dishonored 2
Release date: November 11th 2016

:

The followup to the steampunk assasssin game takes place in a new city with new powers and new things to kill, which has got glowing reviews from E3 saying that the game felt "Deeper" and stranger than the original. Exactly what we was expecting and wanting in a Dishonored game, something I am looking forward to.

Fe
Release date: Unknown

:

From an indi developer (Coldwood Interactive) EA brought this game to the stage the first time in 2015 and has been in development ever since. This year EA is going with another indi dev known as Zoink for Fe. The whole story goes on as a small little hero going on a mad journey.

Quake Champions
Release date: To be announced at Quakecon in August

:

Quake is back guys and my god is it going on well. Bethesda has been quiet on this new release but I got a jucey CG trailer to get my teeth into until August. There was an announcement of character abilities but that's all I got to see for now.

LawBreakers
Release date: Early Access coming out later this year

:

This trailer seems so cheesy and it can put you off but so far everyone has been singing the good praises of the low-G chaos machine. There are some closed alpha tests coming out this summer but that's alI I have seen or heard for now.

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Release date: January 24th 2017

:

The demo was shown on the playstation 4 and was spooky as hell. There hasn't been much in the talk of Vr regarding playstations hardware but it would definitely make this a strong contender for some awards by enhancing the game's experience.

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Release Date: June 28th 2016

:

Starwars lego is getting a update regarding the story from the Starwars universe. Lucky Playstation players have already got a demo which was made available immediately after the trailer. Unfortunately us PC gamers will have to wait till the official release in a few weeks.

Pyre
Release date: Some time in 2017

:

This game has been described as The Oregon Trail meets Rocket League. Currently being developed by Supergiant Games. Not much else to say about it at the moment. Keep you ears to the ground for this one.

We Happy Few
Release date: July 26th 2016

:

This first person stealth survival game set in an alternate history of 1960's England. This game is creepy, a good creepy but still creepy. It is getting early access at the end of July. This game revolves around a state-mandated drug known as "Joy" which keeps people easy to control. Your job is to escape. I am exited to play this and it will surely be a laugh.

Halo Wars 2
Release date: February 21st 2017

:

As a hardcore Halo fan, any addition to the Halo franchise  gets me all hyped up. This game is designed with accessibility in mind but apparently does not compromise on some intense animated battles. Microsoft has told us that the consoles controls are not "Just being ported over to the PC" and a beta is available now but only available on Xbox One sadly.

Deus Ex: Manking Devided
Release date: August 23rd 2016

:

The next section into the story of Deus Ex is nearly upon us and after watching E3's trailer I think I got a better understanding of the lore,  so I highly advise you to check this one out.

Trials of the Blood Dragon
Release date: NOW

:

Announced at E3 and launched immediately on Steam, its a new game with a retro-futuristic theme of dragons, blood and spaceships. Communist aliens during "Vietnam war 4" is what it has been described as.

Steep
Release date: Some time this winter

:

Mountains are steep right? And that is where Steep is set. It is an open-world extreme winter sports game, where you can parachute and wingsuit and ski and snowboard down some giant summits. It did make me smile when they had to state not to attempt any of the stunts shown in the trailer. Gotta love a good disclaimer.

Watch Dogs 2
Release date: November 15th 2016

:

I loved the first Watchdogs but this game seems cliché, as a new hacker will be running around the city "doing hacks", stealing cars, taking down cops and so on. It may all be fun and I am looking forward to be exploring this new world Ubisoft has created, but I will definitely take a pinch of salt when looking into future content.

For Honor
Release date: February 14th 2017

:

Another Ubisoft creation was shown off this year, the medieval sword combat game shown four-on-four human matches and populated them with dozens of Ai warriors, as teams battle to capture control points and slash their way to victory. The combat has had good reviews leaving me wanting to see more of this title, I am sure I will in the near future.

Ghost Recon Wildlands
Release date: March 17th 2017

:

Ubisoft's Ghost Recon shooter is getting a new addition with an open world with a bit of Arma 3 spice. Imagine Just cause 3 scale with the four player co-op style of the Division and you are pretty close to the feeling of this game. The new trailer shows that players get one objective and you can choose to take it however you wish with careful scouting and planning, or just all guns blazing. This kind of freedom is something I personally like and I am sure many other Ghost Recon fans will also enjoy.

Mages of Mystralia
Release date: 2017

:

This over-head cute-looking action adventure game lets you craft your own spells and make your own way through the linear story line but besides that there isnt really much else to say about it. The trailer gives us some ideas of the combat elements and different options available to the player but we will have to get more on it to say more I supose.

Mirage: Arcame Warfare
Release date: Fall 2016

:

Sadly Chivalry devs have decided to hold off on a new game but looked to something new and we got given Mirage: Arcane Warfare. This game will go into Beta in the summer but there is little to say about it at the moment.

Dual Universe
Release date: Closed alpha early 2017

:

The whole idea of this game was that it was to be exactly the same player-driven depth that can be found on EVE Online with build-anything technology such as Minecraft. This was to be done all in the same world and in the same version of the universe on one mega- single-shard-server. We got little information in regards to what shape this will take but an open world MMO that carries on the ideas from EVE and its other space brethren is definitely something to be exited about and I dont think the trailer really does it justice. MORE INFO PLEASE

Overland
release date: Currently in Alpha ... but "When its done"

:

Overland is a grid-based game which you make your way through sections of Americana, searching for supplies and companions to help you survive. Sounds nice and addictive, but even better the levels are procedurally generated and if you die you start over. Gotta say it is definitely something I will try out.

Turing Test
Release date: August 2106

:

Its a first personal puzzeler which is set on Jupiter. Imagine portal without the portal gun and you are there. Its a beautiful game that was designed with science in mind and its definitely something to keep an eye on.

Tyranny
Release date: Steam says "Soon"

:

Tyranny is another go at their PG format from Obsidian. This game is the story when the bad guys win. yous tart as a high-standing official in a tyrannical society and having just conquered the known world, you set about trying to restore order.

Vampyr
Release date: 2107

:

Vampyre is a very  violent game following the life of a very upset vampire. not much else to say about it really than check out the trailer.

Mount & Blade2: Bannerlord

Release date: 2017

:

This is a seige game which has 500 AI attackers and defenders engaged in a chaotic attack on a keep, with both sides exchanging catapult fire, hot oil, fire arrows, and sword swipes. We also got a first look at some of Bannerlord’s siege weapons, like ladders, towers, and ballistae. im really excited to see a sandbox RPGs mature.

Oxygen Not Included
Release date: Late this year or early next year.

:

Klei (Developers of Dont Starve) has a similar-looking but apparently very different game. This game is not a survival game par-say but it is about managing a whole colony. It's a smart move for the development team given the failure of Spacebase DF-9.

Dawn of War 3

:

Dawn of war has been a gaming series which has always been close to my heart. This is due to my love of the Warhammer 40k franchise and with Dawn of War 3 going back to its roots, with the reimplementation of base building and large units to tower over the rest on top of micro management hero units. This Dawn of War is set to be one of the best yet and I am totally stoked for this one.

Tekken 7
Release date: Eearly 2017

:

This game has been floating around for a whole with the PC community after rumours last march. It was then confirmed at E3 last year and it will hopefully be making its way onto PC early next year. The steam page has already been put up so no backsies from the developers. I am expecting a big push into Esports for this fighting game and I will be following it eagerly.

Inside
Release date: July 7th 2016

:

From Limbo this dark and depressing game is the home of a puzzleing performer. I am not sure on the story behind this game but from the footage and screenshots shown at E3 this will be sending us to some very dark places. Us pc gamers wont have to wait long as it is out on PC a week after console.

Gwent
Release date: Closed beta in September 2016

:

If you enjoy Hearthstone and the like then this is a game for you. Its a card game, don't know what else to say about it.

ReCore
Release date: September 13th 2016

:

The developers Keiji Inafune ande xe-tRros tudios have combined forces to create ReCore which is in looks, Mega Man's brother. There is an open-ish world in true Metroid fashion with a few Ai elements. Each have their own abilities and combat personalities. Its basically a game for hanging with your tamagotchi.

Forza Horizon 3
Release date: September 27th 2016

:

A new racing game, this isn't really my thing so I am not really qualified to comment on it but I am sure its one to check out.

Gears of War 4
Release date: October 2016

:

The new addition to the gears of war family and its doing so via the Microsoft PC gaming store. As usual us PC gamers might have to Waite a bit longer but in the meantime we have this fantastic Gameplay trailer to watch.

Fallout Shelter
Release date: July 2016

: (includes others)

A full year later here we are, finally Fallout Shelter is coming to PC along with an update to say "Sorry for the wait" all is well as long as we are able to manage out vaults on our Desktops.

Mafia 3
Release date: October 7th 2016

:

I really got into the old Mafia games and I am really looking forward to this new installment. The trailer shows little in gameplay but lots of mad cinematics and DRAMA. A good twenty minutes of gameplay footage was "Discovered" a while back and can be found with a quick google search. Another cool idea is that the driving system was inspired by the car chase in Bullitt, which is a promising thought.

Star Trek: Bridge Crew
Release date: Fall 2016

:

If you ever wanted to sit in the captain's chair, here is your chance. Bridge crew is a four player co-op VR game and is a rare breed of game by being available for both Oculus and Vive. Expore the universe Captain!

Mr Shifty

:

This game has been described as "Hotline Miami" where you play as Tracer from Overwatch which I find hard to imagine for some reason. Just imagine running through walls through the city and check the trailer out, I am sure it will all fall into place near the release.

Far

:

Been described as Mad Max meets Machinarium. The game is based in a post-apocalypse world and your an unexplained boxy, person. You drive around tapping different buttons to operate different controls, lights, throttle, break, doors and so on. The storytelling has been reported as being "quiet" but I am sure they can sort that out.

Day of Infamy.
Release date: July 2016

:

Huzzah Day of Infamy is going standalone. It's a World War 2 version of the same idea: hardcore, chaos squad based combat. Everyone has been saying good reports about it, I will be sure to keep my ears to the ground about it.

Abzú
Release date: August 2nd 2016

:

This is an underwater adventure game and appears to be very relaxing, unless your scared of swimming. I can imagine this to be a VR dream and I will definitively get this to play with my VR headset when I finally get my hands on one.

State of Mind

:

This is an adventure game where Daedalic Entertainment has taken the world and thrown it upon itself and 5 people have been trying to escape. The art style is amazing and the teaser is definitely something to be proud of.

State of Decay 2

:

This is a third-person Zombie survival game has got a younger brother in the works, and going off this trailer its going to have improved graphics, effects and a more robust and authentic base building experience and smoother co-op playing experience. So word yet on specifics but I can totally look forward to it.

Obduction
Release date: July 26th 2016

:

A first person puzzle game from Cyan Worlds and Rand Miller. Obduction is a Spiritual successor to Myst, but made in a more up to date way with unreal engine 4. You are dropped in into a more mysterious world with no explanation and have to solve environmental puzzles to learn more about your world.

Observer
Release date: Not Confirmed

:

The creators of Layers of Fear are back at it and with more jumps and scares this time. Not much else has been released to us but from what I can see its set to be a good one.

Absolver

:

Announced just before E3 a stylish online combat RPG about swords and masks. Developers Pierre Tarno's explanation tells us that this world will be a fun one, with a hint of maturity. " e think the world would be a much better place if there were no guns. Then we could finally focus on important things, like sword fighting and how to kill a man with one punch"

Loot Rascals
Release date: Early 2017

:

This is a turn based game with a British sense of humor and a art style that reminds you of an adult cartoon. The name implies that the bosses might drop some loot when killed, which you can hopefully equip to make your rascal stronger.

Outlast 2
Release date: Fall 2016

:

This game is another horror hosted in a nightmarish mental hospital to a remote farm packed with psychotic killers and santanic rituals, only equipped with your trusty night-vision camera you have to survive. God this one is gonna scare the hell out of me and I know it. bring on the VR.

Final Fantasy XV
Release date: September 30th 2016

:

I have always wanted to get in with the Final Fantasy world but found it hard with the current gameplay. I feel this will be my gateway drug into the world. They are changing the combat system and hopefully feels better. It already has built in support for PS4 VR so when it comes to PC I hope we will be able to use our headsets as well.

Civilization 6
Release date: October 21st 2016

:

I failed to follow this one, so I will quote IGN: "We’ve discovered that while there are some big changes to the next game in the Civ series—cities are now split into multiple districts, AI leaders have agendas, and multiplayer matches have been accelerated—it still feels unquestionably like Civ, at least for the first 50 rounds. We’re hoping the changes mean more freedom and spontaneity for players, and despite Civ 6 only being announced a few months ago, it’ll be out before the end of the year."

Prey

:

This game was announced five years ago, and cancelled two years ago, but then the sequel did not just go quietly into the night. Due to this its more of a remake than a full sequel. Not much has really been released this year apart from additional footage of the game.

Sea of Tieves
Release date: early2017

:

Rare's multiplayer pirate adventure game got shown off today with a bit of a teaser last year but this year we got to see it in action with a lot of slightly annoying streamers playing the game for the first time, either way it was still nice to see. From my point of view currently it seems like a lot of team coordination is required to play this game well and it will surely be a game that I and my friends will definitely get into.

Call of duty: Indinite Warfare
Release date: November 4th 2016

:

The new COD game came on stage to a roar from fans. The trailer shows space dogfighting, flying in zero-g and breaching. Yeah, we typically know what to expect from call of duty. At least this trailer looks fun and I am keeping an open mind when going into this cod game for the first time in a while I actually feel it may be different. 

South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Release date: December 6th 216

:

Another southpark game more belly laughs. South Park is taken on a superhero movie idea this time, with civil war taking over the kids films currently this seems fitting for southpark to create something on this topic. The new trailer roasts Marvel a new one for constant rehashes and only now getting to a black panther film, and gets at DC for, well... being DC. Definitely a game to check out later in the year if you are bored and in the need for a laugh.

Thanks for lasting this long, this is what I was able to find out and follow through all of E3. Best of the PC games this year hopefully will be here, and I hope I helped you find your new future game.

All the best
Brad

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks for the update! I've been so busy that I haven't had time to look at the E3 stuff. I'm looking forward to the new South Park game as the first one was hilarious and well done.