AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1 Released

• 7 April 2016
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1 Highlights
Support for:
Quantum Break™
Upto 35% faster performance using Quantum Break™ on Radeon™ R9 Fury X than with Radeon™ Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2(1).
Oculus Rift™
HTC Vive™

Important Note
Please disconnect the HTC Vive™ headset from the computer before installing the AMD Radeon Crimson Edition 16.4.1 driver. Once the driver installation is complete you may reconnect the HTC Vive™ headset.
Resolved Issues
Frame rate capping issues experienced in some DirectX®12 applications is resolved.
Hitman™ may experience flickering when played in DirectX® 11 mode using high game shadow settings.
Known Issues
A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay"
Need For Speed™ may experience poor scaling or flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode. As a work around users can disable the profile through the Radeon™ Settings game manager.
The Division™ may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
Power efficiency toggle in Radeon™ Settings is showing up for some unsupported products.
XCOM2™ users may experience an application crash when using AMD Crossfire™ mode. As a work around please disable AMD Crossfire™ for the games profile in the Radeon™ Settings Gaming tab.
Some DX9 applications cannot disable AMD Crossfire™ mode through Radeon™ Settings.
A small subset of AMD Radeon™ R9 380 users may be experiencing slower than expected fan speeds. A work around is to raise your fan speeds through AMD Overdrive in Radeon™ Settings manually to a desired amount.
HDMI Scaling options may not be available in Radeon™ Settings on some system configurations.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-16.4.1.aspx

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Great thanks Petr! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Thanks for the update :D

I was havig the fan speed isue, shame I have to manually mess with it all now to just have a quiet happy system. Either that or have a GPU BBQ.

Least they are looking into it

Brad
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Humm I am gping to have to check out my one system with this AMD...

Userlevel 7
Thanks, Petr...I will have to check out whether my venerable graphics card is covered by this or not...:@