Antivirus for PC Gamers vs "Regular" Webroot

• 20 May 2014
  • 5 replies

Likely asked and answered, but I thought I would post the question anyway.

I use my laptop for a number of things including web surfing, code development, spreadsheets, documents and some gaming. I noticed that Antivirus for PC Gamers is currently $20 while the 'regular' product is twice that. Why would I want/need the "gamer' version over the regular product?

~Steve

5 replies

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
We also added a gamer threat lab for the gamer product where our team tests new games as they come out to make sure there isn't a compatibility issue and so that we have gaming rigs to test any attacks specific to the gaming community. 

I have not seen anything like this in other AV products. Some may have the so called game mode. But this level of dedication towards facilitating Gamers with zero disturbance and highest protection possible is unmatched.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Wonderful news and I believe that's a GREAT selling point and nice to have this information for the Forum. 🙂
Userlevel 7
We also added a gamer threat lab for the gamer product where our team tests new games as they come out to make sure there isn't a compatibility issue and so that we have gaming rigs to test any attacks specific to the gaming community. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Re: Regular AV vs Gamer version?
Options
?01-18-2014 11:17 PM
Hello Again, @ posts this:
The Gamer version has System Optimizer added and that's the only difference.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Welcome ssmith335 to our WSA Community Forum. Good question. With different versions have more options such as Back up&Sync, Password Manager, Identity Shield, and System Optimizer. Our Forum Mod. @ can answer more about the WSA Gamers AV. But you could also click the link on right side of our Forum and read about the WSA Gamers AV protection.

Hopefully @ or @ can assist in answering your question further. Please look around and you can even search in the Search box for Questions if you want to browse.

I believe the big difference in gaming is the System Optimizer for the WSA Gamer AV.

Take care and hope to see you back with your decision.
Regards,