Antivirus Software and PC Gaming: [NEWS] Webroot SecureAnywhere® AntiVirus for PC Gamers Released

Show first post

32 replies

Userlevel 4
Hey that was good! Very cool.

@  is going to love this!
Userlevel 3
Badge +13
Hi,

I consider myself an avid pc gamer, and have always left my antivirus solution on while playing (among them webroot of course). I have never experienced any issues with game performance suffering due to antivirus. I would think this is even less likely to happen with Webroot since it uses less pc resources than other AV solutions out there.

Although I would expect Webroot to interrupt me from my game if an infection is found, I think other than that it pretty much stays out of the way while I'm playing games. Some programs are a bit annoying because they constantly show pop up windows or other trivial notifications which can cause me to exit the game, but that is clearly no the case with Webroot.

I think Webroot is the best anitivirus out there to use with games.
Userlevel 1
Yeah! We're all gamers, of all kinds of any system, mostly PC gamers, includign FPS games haha. We really had a blast making it! 
Userlevel 1
Thank you!!! We all had a blast making it!!
Userlevel 7
Can't wait for BF 4 and Ghosts!! 

Excellent video dude, thanks for sharing! :robothappy:
Userlevel 7
Let's open this up for more general gaming discussions.  Post the last game you played on your WSA-protected system!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
I usually don't like MMO's, but this one is really well done.  The interface is about as close to perfect as you can get in an MMO, and the story isn't too bad.  The graphics leave a little to be desired, and the voice-acting is sporadic and inconsistent.  The dynamics are awesome though, and you can really customize your character to a great extent.  I wish it had voice-chat too.  Overall, it's just a heck of a lot of fun to play though.  Runs smoothly, and WSA has had no impact on it.  It's fully whitelisted, so there aren't even any unknown files for WSA to concern itself with.
I downloaded cheat engine which is NOT a virus but webroot just keeps saying it is. How do I let a program get through webroot?