#CyborgSelfie Contest: Win a Custom $5,000 Gaming Rig by Origin PC

Userlevel 7
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 1455 replies
Enter to win this Webroot Cyborg gaming rig by Origin PC worth over $5,000 or one of 12 Plantronics RIG gaming headsets!

System Specifications:
2 Single 2GB NVIDIA GTX 770
Intel Core i7 4770k
Corsair RM1000 Bulk Packaging
Corsair Green PSU Cable Set
MEM-8G1600VENG(2X4GB)
Windows 7 Professional COA
Cryogenic Cooling support
ORIGIN PC G8 T-Shirt XL
ORIGIN BlackWidow Ultimate
ORIGIN Taipan
ORIGIN Goliathus Medium Speed
5 Bay Hot swap Cage
500GB SATA 6.0Gb/s, 7200RPM 16
ASUS 24XCD/DVD Burner
ORIGIN FROSTBYTE 240 Sealed Li
ASUS Z97 WS
Desktop Custom paint
Custom paint Lower Unit
Remote controlled Multi-Colored LED
ORIGIN Fans BLACK

5 replies

Userlevel 7
It would be great if the contest was worldwide. Every Webrooter and member of the Community could participate.:(
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
We'd love to, but unfortunately there are big legal hurdles with running a contest in all countries.  The problem is that the sweepstakes laws vary from country to country.
Userlevel 7
Oh I see. That's very unfortunate.:( Well is there no way these legal could be overcome for some contests? Maybe for little contests? Websites like Windows Phone Central hold worldwide contests sometimes. Could Webroot not also do so?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Windows has much bigger pockets than we do 🙂  There are companies that will do the legal legwork to get your contest approved in every country, but they are very expensive.  The problem is that the rules are different, and some jurisdictions require local paperwork filing to run a sweepstakes.  If we violate their rules then we could be liable and the penalties vary for each and every country.
Userlevel 7
Oh I see. Then it's okay. I wouldn't want Webroot to get into legal trouble. Well then good luck to the contestants.:)