Does Webroot SecureAnywhere have a cleaner

• 30 August 2015
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
I have SecureAnywhere Home and would like to run a cleaner.  I run a scan every morning and anytime I think something suspious happens. So many on the market, but I don't trust the advertisments.  I know the business version has a cleaner, I was hoping the Home version had it as well.  Thank You!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi dollkim50

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Of the Home versions which one do you have?  The reason I ask is that WSA Complete AND WSA Antivirus for Gamers both include a basic cleaner; System Optimizer, which analyses devices and operating systems to detect system issues for optimal performance, wipes away all traces of online activity, and makes deleted files unrecoverable.

So if you have one of those two versions then you have that functionality already (it is accessed by clicking on the Utilities tab in the main app panel OR by clicking on the cog/gear symbol to the right of Utilities, again in the main app panel, and then clicking on the Utilities tab on the next panel displayed. Configuration options are to be found under the Advanced Setting (top right hand corner of the main app panel) > System Optimizer tab on the left had side of the mains setting panel).

For more information on this and the features avaialble in the Optimizer please see this page from the online help text.

I have the Complete version and use the System Optimizer function regulalrly, so far with no ill effects to my system. :D

Hope that hepls but if you have any further questions then please post back.

Regards, Baldrick