Solved

Hidden Keycode Deadlock

• 22 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi all, I’m at a bit of a stalemate trying to change some of the settings on my Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint.  Any time I try to change anything, it tells me that “SecureAnywhere is currently being managed by the Web Console and all changes need to be applied centrally.”

So under My Account I click “Access Web Console.”  This brings me to an account creation page, but the product keycode that is automatically entered is incorrect.  When I try to copy the keycode from my account page, it tells me it can’t copy because it’s hidden.

I do see the option under my settings to uncheck the box that says “hide keycode” but of course, I need to do that from the web console, which I can’t get to without my correct keycode.

How do I break out of this?

icon

Best answer by coscooper 22 June 2020, 22:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

@freddiel - if this endpoint is managed by a business console, which is what it sounds to be the case, the endpoint user interface is locked down by the console that initially distributed the software installation. That console is already active and is managed by the originator which you will need access.

My advice is to contact the management team that has direct access to that console and have them help you out. That code that is entered when you select “Access Web Console” is not the keycode, rather that is an encrypted pointer that does NOT expose the true keycode and assumes you have direct access to the management console from the key that created the installer. If it’s “hidden” by a policy set by the console administrator, you will see a partial key that can be used for reference.

The other question is, where was this installed from? Who installed it? What keycode did they use?

If you continue to have issues, call into our customer support team and have them help you out.

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/support/contact

@freddiel - if this endpoint is managed by a business console, which is what it sounds to be the case, the endpoint user interface is locked down by the console that initially distributed the software installation. That console is already active and is managed by the originator which you will need access.

My advice is to contact the management team that has direct access to that console and have them help you out. That code that is entered when you select “Access Web Console” is not the keycode, rather that is an encrypted pointer that does NOT expose the true keycode and assumes you have direct access to the management console from the key that created the installer. If it’s “hidden” by a policy set by the console administrator, you will see a partial key that can be used for reference.

The other question is, where was this installed from? Who installed it? What keycode did they use?

If you continue to have issues, call into our customer support team and have them help you out.

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/support/contact

Yes, that was what it was.  Thank you.