Solved

How can I upgrade my license to the Gamer Edition?

• 21 January 2014
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 4
I just recently bought a 2 year license for WSA AV from the Major Geeks Store

I just came to know that there is a gamer edition

how can I upgrade it to the Gamer's edition without having to pay the full price all over again? I just want an upgrade
icon

Best answer by MikeR 22 January 2014, 18:21

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi Max all the Gamer version has over yours is System Optimizer that's in the Gamer & Complete Versions only please see here and click on all 4 in the sections: http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C9_SystemOptimizer/CH9a_RunningSystemOptimizer.htm and if you would still like to upgrade I would suggest calling Webroot Sales (Purchases & Renewals): http://www.webroot.com/us/en/company/contact-us

HTH,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 4
ok thanks ill call them
Userlevel 4
I called Webroot, they said they don't support upgrading to the Gamer's Edition yet since they never had such a request before and it is a new product. They said they will call me if they find a way to do the upgrade 😞
Userlevel 7
If Webroot sales is reading this, know that it's not just Max who would like to upgrade to the gamer version! When I saw his post I was interested to see if it could be upgraded, because I would like to aswell, if possible. So Webroot sales, if you are reading this, Max isn't the only one interested in upgrading to the gamer version!
Userlevel 4
Funny, other AV companies would be so happy to hear a customer would like to upgrade and they would even go beyond their scopre of customer service. **bleep** if I was a customer service agent and someone wanted to upgrade but we didn't have an upgrade scheme, I would cancel his entire current license and give him a new license for the product he wants at a lesser price so balance it out
Userlevel 7
Hey Max, please be careful with the language, this is a forum open to all ages 😉. While I agree with what you said about upgrading, please do be careful and watch the words you use.

Thanks,
Shran
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
I think that @ will be able to help you out, as he is working closely with the team on the Gamer product. :D
Userlevel 7
Thank you, Anna 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That would be great Anna if Mike can help Max and the Commander out!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Hi MaXimus and CommanderShran.

I'll be able to help you out in upgrading to the Gamer product! :D

This will be specific to each of your current subscriptions and I will need to take a look at each of them to decide if it is more beneficial to provide a refund for regular AntiVirus and have you purchase from our Gamer product page or to go another route.

Please Send me a Private Message with your current keycode that you would like switched to Gamer and we'll go from there!
Userlevel 4
PM Sent
Userlevel 4
24 hours and still no reply 😞
Userlevel 7
I sent you two private messages yesterday between 3-5pm. Since the purchase was from an affiliate, I will have to send you a new gamer keycode and deactivate your current subscription.
Userlevel 4
well I know and I sent you a message that I doubt they will reply. Please do the needful ASAP and tell me what is the price difference because I formatted my laptop yesterday and now I am holding on to installing the AV since I want to install the Gamers Edition right off

thanks

PS: I want to upgrade to the Gamers Edition and add another 3rd year to the subscription
Userlevel 7
Hi Mike,

I just got your message a minute ago, for some reason the messages were delayed in getting to us? Anyway, I'll go ahead and respond to your PM, thanks for the help!

Shran
Userlevel 7
@ Can I request that the info for the Gamer Edition be added HERE?  It makes things a lot easier for me when all currently available products are included on the "quick compare" page!

🙂
Userlevel 7
Hello CommanderShran and MaXimus,

I've sent you your keycodes/upgrade at no additional cost and will deactivate your old subscriptions once you have activated the new one. :D

Also, I can associate your new keycode to your online account if you would like (MaXimus).
Userlevel 7
Thank you, Mike! And that is a great idea David, this way potential new customers can see the difference right there, too 😃
Userlevel 7
@CommanderShran wrote:
Thank you, Mike! And that is a great idea David, this way potential new customers can see the difference right there, too :D
Exactly, as I am sometimes asked what version would be best for a new user.  It also is a great help troubleshooting questions as we can see at a quick glance what modules are supported by that edition 🙂
Userlevel 4
I've added the new license code, kindly remove my old key code from my online account . Webroot's customer service is fay beyond superb I can see, never seen such helpfulness , great attitude, great customer service, and great product all in one! I guarantee you one thing, anyone who uses Webroot for a day, will never switch back to any other AV
Userlevel 7
Definitely a good suggestion, DavidP1970
Our web team is working on transparency across our site for the new product! The product page was the most important and they will be focusing on other areas now since that is complete.