How do I download and install Java on my Webroot protected computer?

• 5 October 2014
  • 2 replies

When I try to download and install Java 7 on my computer, I get a virus alert dialog and Webroot quaranteens, I think, the file.  How do I get around this?  This also happens with Minecraft 1.7.10.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
When I try to download and install Java 7 on my computer, I get a virus alert dialog and Webroot quaranteens, I think, the file.  How do I get around this?  This also happens with Minecraft 1.7.10.
Hello isyoung1

Welcome to the Community Forum!

Please go to this thread here https://community.webroot.com/t5/Security-Industry-News/Critical-Patch-Update-Java-7-Java-8-July-15-2014/m-p/128212#M6791 make sure you are downloading from the Java site itself.

Minecraft 1.7.10.
 It could have been quarantined.  To check go to PC Security > Quarantine > View Quarantine and choose Restore on the file you want to restore.
 It could have been blocked in Control Active Processes.  To check go to System Tools > System Control > Control Active Processes > Start and set the program to Allow

It could have been blocked by the Identity Shield.  But I doubt that...still to check to Identity & Privacy > Identity Shield > Protected Applications > View/Edit Protected Applications > and set it to Protect or Allow as you see fit.

If you need info on what the differences are between these then please review this KB Article.

If you find that nothing that relates to the game in any of these locations is being blocked then come back here and let us know what you have found, and we will see if we can come up with something else to help.

You may also Contact Support to have Minecraft files to be whitelisted.Also have you checked for an update to Minecraft

Also maybe @ canadd to this post as well if he's online.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Here is the latest version you should install if you are not still using Windows XP and only from here no other sites: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Security-Industry-News/Java-SE-8-update-20-released/m-p/140837#M7996

If you have any further questions feel free to ask!

Thanks,

Daniel ;)