how do you get rid of cookies

• 8 November 2014
  • 5 replies

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi cjohnson

Welcome to the Community Forums.

WSA itself does not bother with or get rid of cookies as to be honest they are relatively harmless these days in the context of the malware out there.

If you are determined to be rid of them then I would:

(i) look to adjust your browswer settings accordingly bearing in mind that this may well cause you issues with accessing certain sites that require that they are accepted/used,

(ii) search for suitable addons/extension to your browser(s) that have been produced to 'manage' cookies for those like you who want to do this...one can usually do this by accessing the app store for the browser concerned and searching 'cookies' to find a number of possible candidates which will usually have been rated, by other users, in terms of effectivenes or

(iii) get hold of a freeware app that specifically handles and cleans out cookes...and there are quite a few, which I am not at liberty to mention in open forum...but would be happy to let you have a list via a PM (Private Message).  

Not sure if that helps...but I hope so, and if interested I await you PM.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hello there!

In addition to what Baldrick has provided, there is one exception to WSA's handling of cookies.  For those who have a license that includes the System Optimizer, and PC for Gamers does, it can be set to remove IE cookies.  Chrome and Firefox cookies will NOT, however, be removed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi cjohnson,

Welcome to the Community!

May I also add to Baldricks and Davids reply.

Please have a look here as well! http://www.wikihow.com/Delete-Tracking-Cookies

Hope this helps,

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

The best way I found is just eat them. Joke aside the others got you covered, I couldn't resist myself! ;)

Daniel 😃
Userlevel 7

@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

The best way I found is just eat them. Joke aside the others got you covered, I couldn't resist myself! ;)

Daniel :D
Well, Daniel...in terms of the joke (a oldie but a goody) I have heard of a number of types of cookies, such a Maryland Cookies and the like...but never heard of Deleting Cookies...is there a specific brand you prefer?;) My turn not to be able to resist...:D

Now, joking aside, the very best way I have found of dealing with these is the browser add on route...as when I scan on a monthly basis with an other app that handles/deletes cookies it usually only find a handful, and by that I mean no more than 4 or 5 that have managed toget past the browser addons.

Hope that helps further.

Regards, Baldrick