How to fix computer slowdown and avoid popup ads


what webroot utility optimization does? Is it different from "cleanup tools"?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello spkwebroot

 

Please have a look here at the PC User Guide http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C9_SystemOptimizer/CH9a_RunningSystemOptimizer.htm 

 

Some of us use CCleaner to clean up our systems.

 

Add a good free Ad Blocker like the ones suggested below:

 

For Internet Explorer Ad Block Plus: https://adblockplus.org/

 

For Firefox uBlock: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/?src=ss or Privacy Badger: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/privacy-badger-firefox/



 

Google Chrome uBlock: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-

rigin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm?hl=en or

 

Hope this helps?
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hi spkwebroot



Welcome to the Webroot Community.



You didn't indicate which OS you have. Webroot Secure Anywhere Anti Virus has an optimizer which is set to automatically optimize your system; you can see it under utilities. Your PC could be slow because you have unnecessary programs running, etc.



Please click on the Microsoft link here. It will show you how to optimize your pc, clean-up files, disabled programs you don't use. Let me know how you make out http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/optimize-windows-better-performance#optimize-windows-better-performance=windows-7 again welcome aboard!
Userlevel 7
Actually, Yankeelady2015, the Optimizer is only available to subscribers to the Complete or the Antivirus FOR GAMERs versions...and not the standard Antivirus version. ;)

 

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hi Sherry and good afternoon to you. The link you sited For Internet Explorer Ad Block Plus: https://adblockplus.org/ is for android and/or tablets. Ad blocker for Microsoft Edge is due to come out, unless I'm reading it wrong?
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hi Baldrick oops my bad....I have the Internet Security for 3 devices and I have the optimizer......Ok now is the time to slowly walk backwards....lol
Userlevel 7
I think that you are reading it wrong Yankeelady2015...the AdBlock Plus page is adaptive to whatever device you are viewing it with...so when I view it from my PC via Chrome it offers me the option to install the Chrome extension for PCs.

 

As for the advent of a popup blocker for Edge...well, the jury is still out on that as there is no hard and fast official word on that.

 

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Yankeelady2015,

 

EDITED: Thank you ? you got here before me. LOLs

When I click on the link I get this for all browsers!

 

This I have read here:

windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/extensions-in-microsoft-edgeRight now, extensions can only be installed by people who are part of the Windows Insider Program, but it will be available to everyone in a future

 

? and ? can you confirm?
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:

Hi Baldrick oops my bad....I have the Internet Security for 3 devices and I have the optimizer......Ok now is the time to slowly walk backwards....lol
Suggest that you check out this page from the Webroot web site that compares versions and what features they provide...you will see that only Complete (or to give it its full title...Internet Security COMPLETE) has this feature:

 

"Eliminates traces of online activity"

 

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
ok good enough. Thank you Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:

Hi Sherry and good afternoon to you. The link you sited For Internet Explorer Ad Block Plus: https://adblockplus.org/ is for android and/or tablets. Ad blocker for Microsoft Edge is due to come out, unless I'm reading it wrong?
Each patform and each Browser will show for each so I use Firefox so the link shows the Firefox version to me! But I like ublock for Firefox and Chrome.

 

Daniel ;)

 

Userlevel 7
You are 100% correct Sherry, on all points.

 

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:

Hi Yankeelady2015,

 

EDITED: Thank you @ you got here before me. LOLs

When I click on the link I get this for all browsers!

 

This I have read here:

windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/extensions-in-microsoft-edgeRight now, extensions can only be installed by people who are part of the Windows Insider Program, but it will be available to everyone in a future

 

@ and @ can you confirm?

Correct it's in the newest Preview for Insiders but not out to all consumers!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you for your assistance Baldrick and Daniel!

 

By the way Hello  ? we are always learning on here aren't we?;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hi Sherry yes we are and thanks goes out to you and Daniel.

Reply