I bought webroot and it will not install on my computer. It's wanting me to renew from last ye

• 30 November 2014
  • 4 replies

I bought Webroot again this year and when I try to download it on my laptop it will not let me. It keeps stating my old Webroot has expired. I was unaware I could purchase it online so went to Best Buy. How can I down load.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Paula1,

Please uninstall your old copy of webroot and install a fresh copy.

Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA and Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
@ do yoiu have any information to add to this!

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Best Regards,

Userlevel 7
Hello there!

If both you old AND your new key code are Best Buy Subscription or both NOT Best Buy Subscription (Best Buy sells both types) then just entering the new key code would work.  If you are not sure about this though, the simple re-install would be quick and easy as well.

If you are not sure which download to use, simply uninstall the existing copy, and then use the CD to install the new.  The reason that CD is refusing to install is simply that WSA is already on the computer... it should work quite fine once uninstalled.

There often isn't one single right answer, and in this case I think you can go with whichever one is easiest for you 🙂
expired webroot will me install the new one
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
expired webroot will me install the new one
Hello lorene,

Welcome to the Community Forum

Please uninstall your old copy of webroot and install a fresh copy.

Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA and Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
If this doesn't work then you can submit a Support Ticket free of charge with an active subscription,

Would you get back to us if this is resolved or not?

Best Regards,