Just ordered a GTX 1080

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 6752 replies
To replace my GTX 680 - nvidia.com has them in stock at the moment.  Probably not for long though!  Anyway, gonna have fun upgrading this weekend.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
The price is insane...Webroot must be paying you really well, or you must be moonlighting? ;)

No, seriously...enjoy! :D

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeah it's pretty pricey but I've been saving up for a while. I'm on a GTX 680, so I figure buying a new graphics card every 4 years isn't a bad refresh schedule.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
To replace my GTX 680 - nvidia.com has them in stock at the moment.  Probably not for long though!  Anyway, gonna have fun upgrading this weekend.
That i so awesome Nic! :D You will have lots of fun now!
Userlevel 7
Indeed...don't laugh by my system uses a ATI Radeon HD 5770...LOL...but it still does the job...and perhaps one day I may try an upgrade. ;)

As I said, good luck with the upgrade and enjoy playing with your new toy, once installed...:D

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
The new cheap AMD cards coming out look like a good upgrade!

Thanks, I will have fun this weekend 🙂
Userlevel 7
Cheers, if you have a recommendation then let me know...but otherwise I will make some enqueries...at the appropriate time...;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It's this one: http://www.engadget.com/2016/05/31/amds-radeon-rx480-gpu-is-vr-ready-for-just-199/
Userlevel 7
Cheers...am checking it out now. :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I am impressed Nic. I think your set up is a bit better than this one here in my man cave ;)
I will stick with mine until I change the computer I think Manufacturer    
AMD Radeon HD 8470 here
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I will not go near any AMD processors or AMD ATI Graphics cards Intel and NVIDIA always. I don't even look at them if i see the AMD sticker!

Userlevel 7
Never had a single crash due to my AMD GPU in all of the 7 years I have had the current system.  It has been rock solid...but then again I don't really push it as I don't game or do anything really graphics intensive. ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Never had a single crash due to my AMD GPU in all of the 7 years I have had the current system.  It has been rock solid...but then again I don't really push it as I don't game or do anything really graphics intensive. ;)
I'm sorry but I worked on a bunch of PC's with AMD processors and they are so slow compared to Intel's! I'm just saying I always had NVIDIA and updating drivers for the ATI's seams so much more complicated IMO on other PC's that I worked on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I agree that AMD might be better with their GPUs than their CPUs, although their mainstay for CPUs seems to be the console market at the moment.
Userlevel 7
Indeed the AMD in my system is a GPU and the CPU is an Intel chip. ;)