Massive FPS loss, Window noticeably slower! Webroot related? Help!

• 8 November 2014
  • 56 replies

Userlevel 2
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Techie/Window-s-running-slow-FPS-loss-Webroot-related-Help/td-p/169013

If I am breaking a rule by posting this to two fourms.  I appologize in advance.  I didn't see anything in the search I did to check.

56 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Bizzaro

Apologies for the somewhat less than explantory reference to Windows Repair...so to rectify that, and I quote "The Advanced Boot Options screen lets you start Windows in advanced troubleshooting modes. You can access the menu by turning on your computer and pressing the F8 key before Windows starts."

The article that comes from can be found here.  This is essentially for startup issues but it has been used to sort out issues that whilst they don't prevent starting per se. what is started is not running correctly.  As I said originally...it is a long shot...in case everything fails and the last thing to try before a reinstall of the OS.

In terms of the Driver angle...I really, really hope that this proves to be the solution...otherwise I would agree with Daniel's view that you let the Support Team take a look for you, etc.

Regards, Baldrick 
Userlevel 2
DOH! Thank you. I completely overlooked this.
Userlevel 2
Looks like I can no longer edit the main post.  I wanted to include everything in there that I have tried.  Anyways, system is still not optimal.  

I couldn't find exactly worded "Windows Repair" but I ran a test in launch options that would be run if a computer couldn't start.. I doubt it's the same and am at this point too burned out to invest anymore energy until I hear from support.  

Thanks, everyone for all helpful replys/comments.

Will let update with what happens, for anyone interested.

Great to know this community is avalible and extremely helpful!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I'm a little late to this thread, but I've read the original post and would like you verify if your CPU is still reaching temperatures of 160 degrees while gaming. That converts to 71.1 degrees celsius while the maximum temp allowed by your processor is 69.1°C.

http://ark.intel.com/products/53426/Intel-Core-i3-2120-Processor-3M-Cache-3_30-GHz

I wouldn't mind seeing some screenshots of MSI Afterburner's temperature readings while your CPU is under stress, just to verify.
Userlevel 2
@ wrote:
I'm a little late to this thread, but I've read the original post and would like you verify if your CPU is still reaching temperatures of 160 degrees while gaming. That converts to 71.1 degrees celsius while the maximum temp allowed by your processor is 69.1°C.

http://ark.intel.com/products/53426/Intel-Core-i3-2120-Processor-3M-Cache-3_30-GHz

I wouldn't mind seeing somescreenshots ofMSI Afterburner's temperature readings while your CPU is under stress, just to verify.
@@ You know when you have a problem with your car.. or something similar.. and you take it in for repairs but for whatever reason, the problem will not present itself with the mechanic?  I played for 1 hour, and well, this is what I got after.  Maybe the new drivers for the gtx 550 ti?  I am not sure.

I can confirm, that MSIAfterburner has shown 160F.. When I first downloaded it to check.. I was getting that 100% positive.. Will keep it running all day.

http://i.imgur.com/OlqwWgK.jpg
Userlevel 2
ignore
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
After looking at the logs you've provided, I have to lean toward some system issues possibly related to the overheating.

The screenshot showing 145 degrees farenheit is still above the normal operating temperatures of the proecessor.

If you're comfortable with building systems, it may be time to give the processor heatsink and fan a complete cleaning and reapplication of thermal compound.

These events in the System Event log support this theory:

SYS 11/11/2014 23:11 Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power 89 Information 86 NT AUTHORITYSYSTEM Owner-PC ACPI thermal zone ACPIThermalZoneTZ00 has been enumerated. ^^_PSV = 0K ^^_TC1 = 0 ^^_TC2 = 0 ^^_TSP = 0ms ^^_AC0 = 355K ^^_AC1 = 328K ^^_AC2 = 273K ^^_AC3 = 273K ^^_AC4 = 273K ^^_AC5 = 0K ^^_AC6 = 0K ^^_AC7 = 0K ^^_AC8 = 0K ^^_AC9 = 0K ^^_CRT = 376K ^^_HOT = 0K ^^_PSL - see event data.

SYS 11/11/2014 23:11 Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power 89 Information 86 NT AUTHORITYSYSTEM Owner-PC ACPI thermal zone ACPIThermalZoneTZ01 has been enumerated. ^^_PSV = 376K ^^_TC1 = 1 ^^_TC2 = 5 ^^_TSP = 1000ms ^^_AC0 = 0K ^^_AC1 = 0K ^^_AC2 = 0K ^^_AC3 = 0K ^^_AC4 = 0K ^^_AC5 = 0K ^^_AC6 = 0K ^^_AC7 = 0K ^^_AC8 = 0K ^^_AC9 = 0K ^^_CRT = 376K ^^_HOT = 0K ^^_PSL - see event data.