Solved

Mozilla Firefox 45.0.1 is disabling Webroot Filtering Extension

Userlevel 2
Hi

I recently found that my firefox browser is disabling the webroot filtering extension, I don't know If this is happening to other people or If is just me.

I'll add a screenshot with the message and the version.

Regards.

icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 9 April 2016, 23:38

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello lariesadx

I am not havingt his issue in FireFox:

Maybe a uninstall/reinstall of Webroot is in order?

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
? the reputation toolbar is not supported anymore. :S

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Daniel! 

Yes yes how easy I forget!  ;) Webroot keeps installing it and I knew when I posted that I should of uninstalled the reputation.!
Userlevel 2
Thanks again Sherry I did as you suggested, also erased my WRDATA folder from ProgramData, because when I installed webroot last wednesday I noticed It had my previous saved settings from my 2014 Installation (my old expired code) from when I first purchased webroot, (I haven't reinstalled my computer in quite some time :p).

The extension is working and also to be sure I used the refresh function on firefox to get rid of anything hidden within the browser.

Regards, and have a nice day. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi there lariesadx

You are welcome! We are happy to hear you got everything working for you!

Have a great weekend!:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hi Daniel! 

Yes yes how easy I forget!  ;) Webroot keeps installing it and I knew when I posted that I should of uninstalled the reputation.!
Keeps reinstalling? :p

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Daniel I have never added that ruputation to Firefox so I was guessing that Webroot had. Since I have uninstalled and reinstalled many times and I have always saw it there in the addons. But I do remember you saying we don't need it anymore. 😠 It's removed now,,

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You must have Sync set to all devices within Firefox? lets see if it comes back. LOL :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Yes Daniel you are a smart man!! LOLs I do have them synced! 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I like teasing you! LOL ❤️
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
That's quite alright I don't ever mind the teasing! It's always fun on here when you do!!:D