Mozilla Firefox browser

• 28 December 2014
  • 2 replies

Whenever I open Mozilla Firefox browser I get an infected website message. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled it but get the same result.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Whenever I open Mozilla Firefox browser I get an infected website message. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled it but get the same result.
Hello wcmetzger,

Welcome to the Community!

Can you tell us exactly what the message is and if Webroot is saying this page is infected?

Please get back to us.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello!

I'm gping to go out on a limb and answer your question again.

Would you want try to  reset FF by going to the right upper hand side to the menu button and click the ? mark at top of menu. (You can try resetting Firefox below) .

From the Help menu, choose Troubleshooting Information.
Click the “Reset Firefox” button in the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting
to continue, click on the “Reset Firefox” button in the new confirmation window that opens.
Firefox will close itself and will revert to its default settings. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click on the “Finish“.

While resetting Firefox may remove the malware from the browser, your Windows may still be infected with adware, potentially unwanted programs or other forms of malware..

If you would like to know about PUAS please have a look.

You can Contact Support Free of charge with an active subscription.

Please let us know if you resolved your issue so that we can help others!

Best Regards,