Solved

Purchasing/Installing Webroot

Hello! I bought a new laptop through BestBuy. With it, came 6 months of Webroot Antivirus. However, every time I try to activate it, it does not show up as an actual product. BestBuy couldn’t help me, so I decided to purchase Webroot on my own. However, when I tried to purchase WebRoot’s “Antivirus for gamers” using this link; Antivirus for PC Games Without Performance Impact | Webroot  ; I was hit with a “cannot be processed” error which told me to try my purchase again. So I did. Again, same issue. However, my bank was charged for the original $29.99 cost. Why do I worry I am getting scammed while trying to buy a product promising to help me prevent scams? 

Please help me figure this out, as it is incredibly frustrating now having to wait for my claim with my bank to finish while still needing anti-virus software. I have been told WebRoot is the best, which is why I am here. But now I am having seconds thoughts. 

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 2 June 2022, 03:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @MrfysLaw 

The link above is a good Webroot link and if your issues continue please contact Webroot Sales and they will help you sort it out!

Purchases, renewals, and upgrades

Mon - Fri 7 AM to 7 PM (MDT)

wr-customersales@opentext.com

Tel: 1-866-350-6089

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

Thanks,

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@TripleHelix Do Sales people now provide technical support?  That is a novel idea and I hope that they deliver on their promises to help customers (rather than just selling stuff). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@TripleHelix Do Sales people now provide technical support?  That is a novel idea and I hope that they deliver on their promises to help customers (rather than just selling stuff). 

The OP needed Sales help so…. Tech support is still via:

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Subscription Software from Best Buy:

BestBuy-GeekSquad logo

Chat with a Geek Squad Agent

Call 1-888-BEST-BUY or (1-888-237-8289)