Solved

Unused Keycode Expired?

• 24 April 2021
  • 5 replies

So I bought a new PC from BestBuy a couple years ago. At the time they offered a WebRoot Secure Anywhere Internet Security for just $10 extra. I said sure why not. I never got to use it because I still has a subscription to Kaspersky.

My current AV subscription is ending and I was going to purchase WebRoot based on reviews and I remembered I had this CD case in computer desk draw still sealed and never used. I downloaded WebRoot from the link inside CD case and entered the key, and it says its expired. I never used the key or ever installed Webroot.

I looked all over the case to see if it says “this product must be used by X date” but there is nothing. I just spent 30 minutes waiting for BestBuy support and then it said “agent ended chat” after I explained. I had to wait again another 20 minutes and after talking to agent for 5 minutes and getting no answer they signed off.

I should get my 1 year subscription if I paid for it.

icon

Best answer by khumphrey 26 April 2021, 21:25

View original

5 replies

So I bought a new PC from BestBuy a couple years ago. At the time they offered a WebRoot Secure Anywhere Internet Security for just $10 extra. I said sure why not. I never got to use it because I still has a subscription to Kaspersky.

My current AV subscription is ending and I was going to purchase WebRoot based on reviews and I remembered I had this CD case in computer desk draw still sealed and never used. I downloaded WebRoot from the link inside CD case and entered the key, and it says its expired. I never used the key or ever installed Webroot.

I looked all over the case to see if it says “this product must be used by X date” but there is nothing. I just spent 30 minutes waiting for BestBuy support and then it said “agent ended chat” after I explained. I had to wait again another 20 minutes and after talking to agent for 5 minutes and getting no answer they signed off.

I should get my 1 year subscription if I paid for it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @CoryN 

Please keep in contact with Best Buy and they should give you answers! https://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/geeksquad-register

Thanks,

Hello @CoryN 

Please keep in contact with Best Buy and they should give you answers! https://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/geeksquad-register

Thanks,

They told me it automatically starts when the disk is purchased not when you activate the key code, which makes no sense at all. Says nothing on package about that either.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @CoryN 

Best Buy usually looks after there own but you can contact Webroot Sales during the week and hopefully they can help you? There’s nothing we can do on the Community Forum.

Purchases, renewals, and upgrades

Mon - Fri 7 AM to 7 PM (MDT)

wr-customersales@opentext.com

Tel: 1-866-350-6089

HTH,

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@CoryN ,

It’s very likely that our sales team cannot do anything in this scenario. You will have to work with BestBuy to get them to honor the unused key code.