Solved

Webroot SA for Gamers just reported that Steam is untrusted.

• 4 September 2014
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Webroot SecureAnywhere for PC Gamers, fully updated, just tried to block Steam from reaching the internet. It said Steam was untrusted. This is the first for me time Webroot has exhibited this behavior with such a well known program. Any ideas why it would do this?
icon

Best answer by nic 4 September 2014, 17:43

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Webroot SecureAnywhere for PC Gamers, fully updated, just tried to block Steam from reaching the internet. It said Steam was untrusted. This is the first for me time Webroot has exhibited this behavior with such a well known program. Any ideas why it would do this?
That seems strange, as I've never had any trouble with Steam.  Let me ping someone on the threat research team to look into it.
Userlevel 7
Had steam opening this morning. One second!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Had steam opening this morning. One second!
Hi Mine uodated and then this is the screen that popped open.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Sorry Guys Webroot does this when I'm on my Mac sfter updatong Steam so I am able to connect and play games..

I quess I jumped the gun again!:@
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You should be able to safely hit ignore and then run Steam.  It could be than an update has triggered a false positive - for now just allow on any Steam messages and we'll continue to look into it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks nic!
Userlevel 1
Thank you, nic. I'd assumed as much, but it's good to read it from you.
Oh yeah!  I got a nasty "virus" by downloading a game from them just the other day.  I got loadstar.net which has hijacked my browser.  That is why I put virus in quotes.  It is my understanding that this isn't a true virus.  Sure acts like one to me.  It is freezing up right in the middle of using the Internet so I lose a lot.  3 anti-virus programs and I cannot get rid of it.  Beware of Steam!