Webroot SE for Gamers just popped up a game-breaking dialog box in the midst of a long session.

• 15 July 2016
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Game: Just Cause 3 (fully updated)
Offender: Very latest Webroot SE For Gamers release, fully updated.
Specs: MOTHERBOARD: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1, latest BIOS; CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k; MEMORY: 32GB DDR3 1866MHz Corsair; GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 980 Ti; AUDIO: SoundBlaster ZxR; STORAGE: WD Black 3TB x2 (RAID1), WD external USB 3.0 backup drive.

The game was running smoothly when aWebroot dialog box on the lower right appeard. I tried to take a screenshot but it came out pure black, so I don't know the exact wording of Webroot's message. It indicated some sort of security report is available for my purusal. The game froze in the background after the dialog box appeared, and then crashed to desktop. 

This is a pretty big failure for an AV application that is aimed at PC Gamers. Please address this so it won't happen again.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks for letting me know about that. I'll report it to the escalations team.
Userlevel 1
Thank you, Nic!
Userlevel 7
Hello,

We are currently investigating this but have been unable to reproduce at this time. We also have no other reports of this so we believe it is an issue localized to your system.

We would advise an uninstall and reinstall and if you ever see this occur again please post back here or reach out to our support team. We will continue to investigate on our end.

Regards,
Userlevel 7
?,

I wanted to inquire about the game settings you are currently using Just Cause 3.

Are you actually running full screen or are you using Windowed mode but borderless?