Webroot SecureAnywhere

• 18 January 2015
  • 1 reply

I have a Orange Threat Removal screen from Webroot.  I clicked on "begin remova"l and the screen has been on forever...the bar hasn't moved beyond an inch.  Is this a "legit" removal deivice from Webroot?.

Help please!

Thank you

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi imchosen1

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Well, that does not sound good at all.  What you are describing does sound legit in terms of WSA having intercepted something suspicious, providing the warning and then wanting to scan your system.

What I would do in this case is to see if you can cancel the scan, then quickly reboot your system and immediately run a Manual Scan ('Scan My Computer' from the main application panel) and see if that resolves the issue for you and you get the detection & scan process to complete for you.

If it does then great...you just then need to following the instructions provided by WSA in terms of what it find, if anything.

If the above does not resolve the problem for you then, normally I would recommend an uninstall of WSA & provide instructions on how to clean reinstall from a fresh download of the installer, but as you are in the middle of a potential threat remediation I would say that the safest thing at this point would be to contact Support for assistance.

If your subscription is directly through Webroot, you will need to contact Webroot Support.  You can do so by submitting a Support Ticket if you have not already done so, or by phone during business hours.  (The online Ticketing system is manned 24/7)

If your subscription is through Best Buy Subscription Software services, you may need to call them at 1-800-GEEK-SQUAD.

Please let us know how tings go and please do come back and ask further question or notify us of further issues and we will do our best to help you out.

Regards, Baldrick