Webroot SecureAnywhere® AntiVirus for PC Gamers

• 22 January 2014
  • 20 replies

Userlevel 7
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 1455 replies

Webroot® Real-Time Threat Protection Revolutionizes PC Gaming Security with Maximum Gameplay Performance 

Broomfield, CO – January 22, 2014

Key features of Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus for PC Gamers:
  • Allows maximum PC performance for gaming – either online or offline. No interruptions for downloads, scans, alerts or updates.
  • Virtually no impact on performance, with less than 5MB of RAM usage and deep system scans in less than two minutes.
  • Does not require "Gamer Mode" or "Silent Mode" which leave systems vulnerable and unprotected.
  • The Webroot Identity Shield secures personal information from being stolen and protects gaming characters and accounts from keyloggers that capture account credentials.
  • Cloud-based security means no need for daily updates – gamers will always have the most up to date version 24/7.
  • Real-time anti-phishing protects against clicking on bogus links that trick gamers into entering personal information.
Purchasing and AvailabilityWebroot SecureAnywhere® AntiVirus for PC Gamers is now available online through WebrootAmazon, and Newegg.

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Kudo's to the Martketing division too: awesome targeting and love the packaging!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It doesn't say anything about the addition of System Optimizer? And agree with David the packaging looks awesome!

http://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/gamer-av

• Optimizes Your Gaming System

Real–time security updates are performed in the cloud – increases drive space, reduces access times, and improves gaming performance.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
It doesn't say anything about the addition of System Optimizer? And agree with David the packaging looks awesome!

Yes.. that is one of the reasons I asked for it to be added to the product comparisan page on a different thread this morning.  It would really make the features stand out better I think.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
And from Amazon it says this?

• Optimize Your Gaming System. Analyzes devices and operating systems to detect system issues for optimal performance, wipes away all traces of online activity and makes deleted files unrecoverable.
Which would make me think that it has System Analyzer also?

And from Newegg?

http://c1.neweggimages.com/BizIntell/item/32/296/32-296-084/6_update.jpg

Optimize Your Gaming System

Analyzes devices and operating systems to detect system issues for optimal performance, wipes away all traces of online activity, and makes deleted files unrecoverable.

And from the Webroot Link?

Optimize Your Gaming System

Our System Optimizer analyzes devices and operating systems to detect system issues for optimal performance, wipes away all traces of online activitiy, and makes deleted files unrecoverable.

So what does the Gamer Version have?

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
It has the addition of the system optimizer and file shredder 😃
Userlevel 7
Is the System Analyzer also in it?
Userlevel 4
small request pleae,

can you add Pale Moon to the cleaning options. It is a very popular Firefox based browser that uses the same code but optimized for maximum speed and use of today's new hardware.

The location of the profile is storedin:

C:UsersMaXimusAppDataLocalMoonchild ProductionsPale MoonProfiles

and

C:UsersMaXimusAppDataRoamingMoonchild ProductionsPale MoonProfiles

This browser is fully compatible with Firefox's addons 100% but gives you the speed of Google Chrome with the interface of firefox + its amazing addons

Userlevel 7
I'm actually not sure what the system analyzer is or where in the UI to find it so I can't answer that one :8
Userlevel 4
System optimizer contains a junk file cleaner + registry cleaner

It is available here:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2dtagd0.png
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Here: http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C10_SystemControl/CH10a_UsingSystemAnalyzer.htm

http://i43.tinypic.com/2nc3s4z.png

HTH,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Thanks Daniel :D

Right now I am using someone else's computer (I am in the process of setting up a triple boot on my own computer so it's kind of unusable... :P) so I can't look just yet to see if it has the analyzer in it, but I will as soon as my computer is ready.

Shran 😃
Userlevel 7
Hi guys,

I just checked and no, it doesn't have the system analyzer, but it does have the optimizer and file shredder.

Shran 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks Shran that is what I thought but the description from Amazon & Newegg was confusing.

Cheers,

Daniel 😃
Userlevel 7
No problem our friendly DNA 😃
This is great! I use the optimizer more often then WSA itself. I dont get infected often, but who likes temps? As a PC gamer I would never run a real time protection antivirus, I like my CPU cycles too much. But webroot is light enough that its a product I use regularly. 

I think if we were to sponsor an e-sports event, we could make a huge splash with the younger tech savvy generation... Word will spread!
Userlevel 7
We are doing just that! 

I've been building a relationship with Denver Pro Gaming and this is just the beginning. Come to one of the tournaments we are sponsoring next month. :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Ahh.Gaming tournaments.How i miss them.My reflexes aren't what they once were back in the early days of Madden,Street Fighter,King of Fighters,etc.I have found pc gaming suits me perfectly,and pc gaming with Webroot has been a godsend.There is no shortage of online gamers who complain about lag on a regular basis.Sponsoring tournaments is a perfect idea for Webroot and a home run business wise once word spreads.Wish WSA had been around when i was in my gaming prime.
It's been a while, but that almost makes me want to start playing competitively again... If anyone in the Denver area plays Starcraft or LoL, PM me if you would like a practice partner! 
Userlevel 5
This will help gamers alot!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
The Webroot Press Release in post #1 now gives a 404, and has been replaced by this: http://www.webroot.com/us/en/company/press-room/releases/webroot-revolutionizes-pc-gaming-with-maximum-performance