Solved

Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ - Antivirus for PC Gamers : False Positives.

• 13 August 2014
  • 6 replies

G'Evening,

Community & how is everyone today? I have a small question for anyone willing to provide helpful information regarding my on-going investigation with Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ - Antivirus for PC Gamers. Since my installation of the product almost each download I have made has been considered a threat? Adobe Flashplayer, Java 8, Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC etc.

I haven't been able to find out what the cause is & where to begin in order to stop Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ - Antivirus for PC Gamers to stop falsely accusing each program being a threat.

If I remember correctly it assumed Java 8 was a trojan? I understand Java isn't respected nearly as much anymore within the IT Community & I may get bashed for using it but if the company did that as a joke well Kudos! it was a good laugh.

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

Heroic_YakX
icon

Best answer by nic 13 August 2014, 00:43

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Where are you getting your downloads from?  There are lots of sites that advertise on Google AdWords as being a place to download, but it takes you to a site that bundles in unwanted apps.  That might be what is getting flagged.
G'Day,

I understand where you're coming from but unfortunately it's from the official website.

My new PC has been re-formatted to destroy all bloat-ware from existence & I installed Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ - Antivirus for PC Gamers as the first program.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

Heroic_YakX
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
In that case go ahead and contact support and they can take care of whitelisting anything that is giving you trouble.  I'm surprised that you're having problems with common software, though, as they've usually already been whitelisted.
Thank you, appreciate the thoughtful & courteous response from you.

As you've stated above it is unusual for an AV to cause problems with common software, then again technology isn't perfect.

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

Heroic_YakX
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You're very welcome and please let us know how your support experience goes.
Will do!