Will Webroot block a specific website like Plarium games

• 21 September 2014
  • 1 reply

I have Imac, use Safari and stream fox news but this game Plarium overrides it constantly, is there a way to use Webroot to stop this?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I have Imac, use Safari and stream fox news but this game Plarium overrides it constantly, is there a way to use Webroot to stop this?
Hello lureich,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

May I ask if this is a Program that is used to play online games? Does it pop up saying it's blocking Fox News?

You can go to this Support section https://community.webroot.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/Gamers/message-id/o adjust settings for active processes:  to adjust settings for active processes:

Webroot SecureAnywhere does not remove legitimate programs, more commonly known as PUAs. A PUA (Potentially Unwanted Application) is a program that may be unwanted, but was installed with user consent. PUAs commonly include toolbars, cleaners, and search plugins. They are often bundled together with other software a user intended to install. They are not harmful in the same way as malware, but can be a hindrance.

It is important to remember to download all software only from the official or original source for that software. We do not recommend downloading any software from large/generic download sites if there is a direct source available, as this is how programs are most commonly bundled with PUAs.

You can also issue a Support Ticket free of charge to have them look at this if you cannot uninstall Plarium Games if thats your objective.

Plarium Games does have glitches that I have read about online with the Google Search engine. May I also add that the

Bright Cloud URL  (BrightCloud URL lookup) Shows these results, Maybe one of our Forum Members can also assist here.

Best Regards,