10 License Family Pack

• 11 October 2014
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1
I saw the press release on 10/7 about the new version of Webroot and the new 10 license family pack. When will this actually be available? Will there be an upgrade path for existing customers with a 5 user license to the 10 user license?

Thanks!

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello Terry, 

It is after hour at the Webroot Offices, and of course they are closed for the weekend.  The Support system is of course manned and open, as they always are 24/7 but they may very well not have the answers you seek.

@ our Community Admin might drop by over the weekend, but if not he should see this Monday.  As I am not a Webroot employee, I cannot make any promises and I could be entirely incorrect, but in the past Webroot has offered customers with, for example, a 3 user license an upgrade path to a 5 user, so I assume that arrangements can be made.
Userlevel 7
Hi Terry

Welcome to the Community Forums.

As David so rightly pointed out we need to wait for the officislmresponse to your question but in reality I cannot see why Webroot should/ not offer an upgrade path from subscriptions for a lesser number of seats to the 10 pack. After all I doubt that many would purchase a 10 seat subscription straight out as new users but would most probably prefer to test the water out with a lesser number of seats and then, if happy (a why would they not be...;)) then upgrade.

Looking forward to hearing the official response.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I'm not sure if that is available yet.  Let me check and get back to you.
Userlevel 7
Hi Nic

Thanks, looking forwaard to hearing back on this one.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok so right now the only online purchase option for the 10-seat is via the Best Buy online version.  

We do have plans to roll that out onto our own site for purchase, but that is a couple weeks away from being ready.

In the meantime if you are interested in upgrading to 10 seats of the non-BB version, just call in to purchase that upgrade: 866-612-4268
Userlevel 7
I just checked the Best Buy web site, and there is not a 10 user currently listed.  I DO see a 5 user license, but it is for WSA-Complete, not the Best Buy Subscription Software version.

Are you sure the 10 seat at Best Buy will be a Best Buy version?  From what I am seeing, once listed, it will be a standard 10 seat license and not the BBY Subscription.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hm, that is interesting - let me check again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You are right, the 10 user will be regular WSA, not the BB version.  It should be listed live in the not too distant future.
Userlevel 7
Thanks for the clarification on that Nic!  I do appreciate it 🙂
Userlevel 1
Any word on availability for this? We've added a sixth PC to our household and I had to buy a single license for it, it would be nice to have them all managed under a single license with the full product.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I think if you call in that's an option to purchase.
Userlevel 1
Oh great I'll give that a shot!