Solved

8.0.1.229 Password Management Issue

• 19 August 2012
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Just updated to build 8.0.1.229 and it runs super quick.Only problem is that i cannot use the password manager function as there are no toolbars or addons in ie or in any other browser such as chrome or firefox.Any help would be arreciated
icon

Best answer by superssjdan 19 August 2012, 19:35

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 3
same problem here,wsa complete 8.0.1.229
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
After having contacted support,they instructed me to do the following and it worked like a charm please migrate to here and save to desktop..then double click file on desktop to run fix.Warm Regards

toolbar fix
Userlevel 7
Hey superssjdan,

Thanks for your input on this thread! :D

Please try reseting Internet Explorer and installing a Webroot Toolbar Fix.

1.  Download and save the installer to your desktop using this link: http://download.webroot.com/toolbarfix.exe
2.  Double click the toolbarfix.exe file to launch the installer
3.  Follow the prompts until the window displays “Process reports success.  Please restart your browser if it is open. Done!”
4.  Press the Finish button.

Please restart your browser to see the toolbar.  It will be a small grey W until you log in which will then turn green. Please let me know if this resolved the issue for you.
Userlevel 1
Hi Mike,

I am a newbe to much of the computer. I have WSA Internet Security Plus. I can not get webroot to save my passwords. Even Geek Squad did not have an answer. I downloaded the toolbar but when I sign in, it says email not recognized. Any ideas or suggestions? Do you have a number to webroot I could call?

Thanks,

Russ
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Russ (RetiredNavy) and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Have you setup your My Webroot account? If not please do so and try the suggestion from Jim after you did https:///t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Google-Chrome-Webroot-app-added-without-me-downloading/m-p/15814#M1464

HTH,

TH
Userlevel 1
Thanks for responding. I already set up the account and tried accessing the toolbar also. When I go to the account, the password section says "access" but none show up.

Russ
Userlevel 7

@ wrote:
Thanks for responding. I already set up the account and tried accessing the toolbar also. When I go to the account, the password section says "access" but none show up.

Russ
It could be that your key is not correctly associated with your account. If that's the case you would have to wait for Webroot staff to correct it.

Are you using the same e-mail you signed up in to Webroot account?
Userlevel 1
Hi Pegas.
Yes, I am using the same e-mail address. I checked it to be sure I was entering it correctly. How would the Webroot staff know I am having this problem? Thanks.
Userlevel 7

@ wrote:
Hi Pegas.
Yes, I am using the same e-mail address. I checked it to be sure I was entering it correctly. How would the Webroot staff know I am having this problem? Thanks.
If you use the same e-mail here on the Community they can trace your account and check if e-mails and keys are correctly associated.
Userlevel 1
Thanks for helping by the way! Yes, I use the same email address. How do I ask them to do what you suggested?
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thanks for helping by the way! Yes, I use the same email address. How do I ask them to do what you suggested?
You can either wait for Webroot staff coming here but due to weekend I doubt it wouldn't be sooner than on Monday or you can write to the support inbox http://www.webrootanywhere.com/service.asp where 24/7 service is provided.
Userlevel 1
Thanks Pegas. I sent them a message. Appreciate your help.
Userlevel 7
Hello Russ,  Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. 😃 Thank you for serving. ;)
USN Retired 1969 - 1992
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thanks Pegas. I sent them a message. Appreciate your help.
You're always welcome :D The support won't let you down.
Userlevel 1
Hi PTD, USA 1965 - 1972, USAF 1973 - 1980 USN 1981 - 1994. Thanks for your service also!
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi PTD, USA 1965 - 1972, USAF 1973 - 1980 USN 1981 - 1994. Thanks for your service also!
Born and living in the Central Europe, so being a landsman, I am lost in those abbreviations but maybe not completely :D USA = US Army, USN = US Navy but don't know what USAF does mean.
Userlevel 1
Air Force ( that was in the reserves)
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Air Force ( that was in the reserves)
Yeah, OK how couldn't I guess it ... Thx RN and take care ;)

@ Webroot moderators - sorry for being off topic a bit
Userlevel 1
You too, God Bless and keep it into the wind 🙂